FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
A question, how are you expected to get the ore blocks that you need to grow the resource crops in agricraft? While stuff like tin ore has induction smelter recipes, higher tier ores (like redstone) only have a single recipe in NEI, which is via the laser drill, even if you can make the laser drill (and the pink slime is a bit of a PITA). At 1.5 million RF to have a 5% chance of getting a redstone ore to enable a single crop, it doesn't seem very viable...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Actually they are entirely Y level dependent:

The amount of energy produced depends on the height of the Windmill and if it is raining or not.
Y Level RF Produced RF Produced in rain
62 3 RF/t 4 RF/t
100 11 RF/t 14 RF/t
200 16 RF/t 22 RF/t
255 22 RF/t 29 RF/t
So yes, you need the tower of doom... and an extensive MV/LV power run to get it down (not including loss)

So no real choice here either
Which IE windmill did you test for those numbers as there are 2 different ones and both would be simple to make.

In the non-skyblock version, Reactant required something nuclear I believe, I forget what. Is anyone able to check the skyblock recipe?

Reactant dynamo is excellent for all reasons stated above and was my go-to in nonskyblock.
Uranium 238 which would require a Thermal Cent. which would take a bit of time to get a guess but Uranium drop from sieving according to NEI.

Yep, but IC2 windmill is not in the pack, only choice is the Immersive one.
I believe it is called a kinetic Wind generator.

wood rotor at 200 is give 15 EU
Carbon one is given 63 EU

A question, how are you expected to get the ore blocks that you need to grow the resource crops in agricraft? While stuff like tin ore has induction smelter recipes, higher tier ores (like redstone) only have a single recipe in NEI, which is via the laser drill, even if you can make the laser drill (and the pink slime is a bit of a PITA). At 1.5 million RF to have a 5% chance of getting a redstone ore to enable a single crop, it doesn't seem very viable...
You smelt a redstone block and a smoth stone in a induction smelter from TE

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pyure

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
In the non-skyblock version, Reactant required something nuclear I believe, I forget what. Is anyone able to check the skyblock recipe?

Reactant dynamo is excellent for all reasons stated above and was my go-to in nonskyblock.

Yes this needs the full thermal Centrifuge route to get Uranium... LONG process (that is ultimately necessary anyhow)

Kinetic Wind Generator has no recipe in IES.

Ultimately, after this debate, I will be going the Reactant Dynamo route. I figure with an additional Coke Oven and the Blaze Dust I get from Sieving.. it's not a bad choice since what I will need are a given in the progression.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pyure

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Yes this needs the full thermal Centrifuge route to get Uranium... LONG process (that is ultimately necessary anyhow)

Kinetic Wind Generator has no recipe in IES.
It popped up a recipe for me. It is showing 2 Iron shafts with a Machine block in the middle. I just spawned in the items on my test world and it crafted just fine? Note: There are 2 different Blocks in IC2 Windmill and then a Kinetic Wind Generator. Then wind mill has no recipe because it is locked out by the mod dev so you have to use the new way. You have to use the Kinetic Generator on the back connected the Kinetic Wind Generator just the right way.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
It popped up a recipe for me. It is showing 2 Iron shafts with a Machine block in the middle. I just spawned in the items on my test world and it crafted just fine? Note: There are 2 different Blocks in IC2 Windmill and then a Kinetic Wind Generator. Then wind mill has no recipe because it is locked out by the mod dev so you have to use the new way.
Weird I would swear I got a no recipe a few minutes ago... works now

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I'm on the recommended version?

if i worked my conversions right it is 1mj=2.5 eu and 1mj = 10 rf so that would make it ~ 60 for the Wood and ~315 for the carbon.

if i worked my conversions right it is 1mj=2.5 eu and 1mj = 10 rf so that would make it ~ 60 for the Wood and ~315 for the carbon.
Cap says ~350-380rf for the carbon and wood at 80-100rf I'm also getting ~30 rf from spawn from the wood one. FYI

Last edited:

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I've merged a bunch of recent posts. If you are are replying to the thread, but no one else has replied since you last did, please edit your post instead of posting a new one.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Uranium 238 which would require a Thermal Cent. which would take a bit of time to get a guess but Uranium drop from sieving according to NEI.

Thanks and thanks. I was pretty sure on both counts, although I seem to remember getting around 2x that eu. But this was months ago, my memory is a bit sketchy.

Ultimately, after this debate, I will be going the Reactant Dynamo route. I figure with an additional Coke Oven and the Blaze Dust I get from Sieving.. it's not a bad choice since what I will need are a given in the progression.
I certainly recommend it. Its both lucrative and (somewhat) off the beaten path.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
well IC2 is more based on the wind speed so you my have had a high wind speed?

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Personally for early game I used water mills, 3 sets of them and then expanded into jet fuel. I figured why not had to make the vats for plastic sheets might as well use them for power. My 3x3 10/10/10 potato farm is overboard along with my 3x3 10/10/10 sugar cane farm for making hootch. I also get more gunpowder and redstone from my dust sifting operation then I use making the jet fuel plus enough redstone to expand even without the seeds. Used 6 combustion generators to power my base, only downside is they didn't seem to want to connect to my MV wire connectors so I had to buildcraft kinesis pipe them into my capacitor.

Now I have all the nuclear reactor parts craftable through logistics pipes, running a 420EU/T stable reactor that's powering my base. Figure I'll probably craft a couple more just for the plutonium production and to use it for the creation of UUM.

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it looks like I had an NEI problem, as I restarted the client and suddenly the missing ore recipes are showing up, including the induction smelter one. However it uses 50,000 RF and the basic induction smelter only has a 48,000 RF buffer so it won't work, I'll need a higher tier one.

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, and in fact now that NEI is showing the recipe to me correctly it has also added a tooltip to the ore directly stating that the smelter must be hardened or above.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
there is recipes to craft a reg Machine into a hardened one. You could use that recipe. I think it is cheaper if I remember right?

Note: Yeah just Check the recipe. Pick up the machine and put it in the middle of the Grid. Put 4 Invar Ingots in each corner and an electrum Gear above. It should give you the Harden one.

Also Note: You might want to check the other recipes to see if you can upgrade it even higher then that.

Last edited:

Steelcrusher

Jul 29, 2019
Dumb question, is there a way to filter block per type? if I want to see all the block that generate power for expample, i know I can use the filter rf/tick, but it woulb be nice to have categories in NEI like power generation.

Zittla

Jul 29, 2019
Hey im having some issues with the bee hives in infinity evolved sky block. version is 1.0.4

Marble hives dont give any bees.

Rocky hives: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all

Resonating hive: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all
unusual hive: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all
curious hive: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all

I am wondering if there is a reason why thise are disabled or if this is intentionally or not.

it would be great to get a reply ty alot :)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Hey im having some issues with the bee hives in infinity evolved sky block. version is 1.0.4

Marble hives dont give any bees.

Rocky hives: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all

Resonating hive: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all
unusual hive: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all
curious hive: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all

I am wondering if there is a reason why thise are disabled or if this is intentionally or not.

it would be great to get a reply ty alot :)
No clue about marble
Rocky is supposed to be created by putting the ex-nihilo hive in the world, with enough cobble around

Other are magical hives, so probably unlocked in Thaumcraft ex-nihilo page....