FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock Hotfix (For Server Admins)

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Hey quick q for anyone on the dev team I made a server for me and my friends and when I loaded up the world it put me on a stone brick platform and it told me that i need to do basic sky block commands island create ect. they dont work how can I generate an island
Access the console for that server. Type op playername in it. That person will gain access to the commands.

Reactions: xilni

xilni

Jul 29, 2019
Hey quick q for anyone on the dev team I made a server for me and my friends and when I loaded up the world it put me on a stone brick platform and it told me that i need to do basic sky block commands island create ect. they dont work how can I generate an island

Are you sure they didn't work? My experience was that the /island create <name> command worked but gave no message to confirm. Just follow it up with a /island join <name> and it should port you to the island you created.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

xXslyfitzXx

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: It worked xc the skyblock commands should allow you to see whats going on especially if you dont have perm

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathOfTime
D

DogCatFish

Is the data for the /island create commands stored in the world folder? After updating the server I can no longer join old islands.

xilni

Jul 29, 2019
Is the data for the /island create commands stored in the world folder? After updating the server I can no longer join old islands.

Yes, you must absolutely preserve your world folder unless you want to start fresh.

Are you running a server or playing single player using the FTB launcher?

D

DogCatFish

Yes, you must absolutely preserve your world folder unless you want to start fresh.

Are you running a server or playing single player using the FTB launcher?
Yeah I did copy the world folder over that's why I was asking. I run a server.

O

oli2240

may i ask a simple question why is my text all in weird block looking things cant figure it out or find it anywhere

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
The island coordinates are likely saved in \local\islands.ser

It appears the island coordinates aren't stored in the world's save folder. This may prove to be a issue, I tend to change worlds out and just keep the rest of the server files the same. It tends to be a lot easier for me that way. Not that big a issue for me though. I don't have to keep track of a thousand users and who does or doesn't have a island on the current world. I only have to keep track of less then a handful of users.

may i ask a simple question why is my text all in weird block looking things cant figure it out or find it anywhere
first find your install instance. delete the options.txt in it.

There are two possibilities I can think of. Another language was selected, or another language was selected and the current resource pack that was also selected doesn't use a font that supports it.

I remember a GPU setting causing this in other games for certain graphics. It might be worth adjusting the GPUs settings to see if it helps. You might need to reload the game every change. Not for sure.

Last edited:

Hollandera

Jul 29, 2019
Hello All i am running a server FTB -infinity-evolved-skyblock i wat to use commandblock for players to join my server and create en island and join a island how do i doe thad . som one help me please .

iScraM

Jul 29, 2019
Heyho, I started with a singleplayer world on my local machine. Then I wanted to have the ability to let the world run so I got myself a server and uploaded my sp world. So far so good. Everything works, but now I want to relocate the spawn area, but I dont know how. Any suggestions?

L

Liquid Memory

Heyho, I started with a singleplayer world on my local machine. Then I wanted to have the ability to let the world run so I got myself a server and uploaded my sp world. So far so good. Everything works, but now I want to relocate the spawn area, but I dont know how. Any suggestions?

Go to the location you want to set as spawn and type /setworldspawn

You must be an Op in order to run this command.

Also if you want to have the server to protect this area and show it as spawn, you must set the below option in the server.properties file:

spawn-protection=16

or whatever size in blocks you want to protect.

Hope this helps you.

Liquid Memory

Stoo42

Jul 29, 2019
The island coordinates are likely saved in \local\islands.ser

It appears the island coordinates aren't stored in the world's save folder. This may prove to be a issue, I tend to change worlds out and just keep the rest of the server files the same. It tends to be a lot easier for me that way. Not that big a issue for me though. I don't have to keep track of a thousand users and who does or doesn't have a island on the current world. I only have to keep track of less then a handful of users.

I also have a problem not able to join islands now that I've upgraded... I've retained both the world folder, and the local folder. That islands.ser file looks like it *should* contain the island name/coords mappings, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I went from 1.0.2 up to 1.1.0, and now I'm stuck on one island and cant get to the other one I created...

At this rate I'm going to have to go back to 1.0.2 and see if that fixes the issue, and then just never upgrade for fear of losing access to other islands!

Any ideas anyone? This is a real pain....

D

DogCatFish

I also have a problem not able to join islands now that I've upgraded... I've retained both the world folder, and the local folder. That islands.ser file looks like it *should* contain the island name/coords mappings, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I went from 1.0.2 up to 1.1.0, and now I'm stuck on one island and cant get to the other one I created...

At this rate I'm going to have to go back to 1.0.2 and see if that fixes the issue, and then just never upgrade for fear of losing access to other islands!

Any ideas anyone? This is a real pain....

Use the /island rename [YourIslandNameHere] [NewOrSameIslandNameHere] command. If you had a capital in your island name this should fix it it will just remove the capitals and the island join command will work once again.