FTB Infinity Evolved / Expert Mode / Mithril and Mana Infused Ore

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Infinity Evolved Expert Mode and I'm trying to make (mana dust 5146:516). It is needed to make armor and tools in Draconic Evolution. I'm suppose to mix mana infused dust with primal mana from the smeltery but Mithril or mana infused ore can't be found. I have been flying in the nether for more then an hour looking for Nether Mithril. I'w heard I'm am suppose to use block of silver and put the primal mana from the smeltery over the block of silver but that is not working.

Anyone know what is needed to make mana dust in expert mode.

Krista1234

Jul 29, 2019
Make some primal mana, Pokefennium/liquid XP/Fairy metal/(something else?) in a tinker's smeltery. Take a bucket of that and spawn it in the world next to some Thermal Foundation Silver Ore or TF Silver Blocks (has to be thermal foundation, you can use a chisel2 chisel to convert from other mods if needed). That will create the mithril ore, which you can then use to make mana dust.

Primal mana spawned in the world is nasty, it sets nearby blocks on fire and spawns snow, a combination of what gelid cryotheum and blazing pyrotheum do.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
The alternative is to use a MFR mining laser. But the primal mana thing is cooler.

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
Also, mana infused ore can be found and mined in any biomes with that magical tag. however I'm not sure if this is the case for Infinity.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can anyone tell me if this is still a thing? Tried with "molten fairy" poured next to thermal foundation silver ore and waited a few minutes.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Can anyone tell me if this is still a thing? Tried with "molten fairy" poured next to thermal foundation silver ore and waited a few minutes.
I think so. There was a thread around somewhere. I'll find it when I get home

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think so. There was a thread around somewhere. I'll find it when I get home
I've run outta time tonight but I'm gonna try this reddit reference next (See the bottom)
It says you can't use all of those liquids, just primal mana which is a combination of those (And draconium)

This is prolly what Krista1234 was actually trying to say, but a misplaced comma suggests you have the option

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Gotta make the MFR Laser with the 4 Prechargers (each costing 10K RF/t to run, total of 40K RF/t) and then put six Laser Focus (Blue) in order to get the most Mana Ore blocks. Given the power cost, it's obviously an end game material. I didn't make Primal Mana until I made a Big Reactor Turbine.

I think that's the item that requires Liquid XP, and that was my biggest issue in making Primal Mana. I finally learned that there is an item called the "Channel" which you can attach to a Smeltery Drain Block (facing the normal direction, you do not turn it 180 degrees), and then you can attach a tank with Liquid XP to the Channel, and it will flow into the Smeltery.

I am fairly certain this will be the only modpack that I will ever make "Pokefennium" and "Fairy" ingots in. LOL That's not a knock on the modpack, that's a compliment. :)

I don't know anything about a block of silver. To make Primal Mana you just put a Mana Dust (pulverize a Mana Ingot) into the TiCo Table and pour the Pokefennium/Fairy/LiquidXP/Draconium mixture into the table on top of it. The result is one Primal Mana. Perhaps I've gotten my terminology mixed up, if so I apologize and suggest checking this in NEI. I'm not in-game and going off my (faulty) memory.

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Gotta make the MFR Laser with the 4 Prechargers (each costing 10K RF/t to run, total of 40K RF/t) and then put Laser Focus (Light Blue) to get the Mana Ore blocks. Given the power cost, it's obviously an end game material. I didn't make Primal Mana until I made a Big Reactor Turbine.

I think that's the item that requires Liquid XP, and that was my biggest issue in making Primal Mana. I finally learned that there is an item called the "Channel" which you can attach to a Smeltery Drain Block (facing the normal direction, you do not turn it 180 degrees), and then you can attach a tank with Liquid XP to the Channel, and it will flow into the Smeltery.

I found that to get anything out of the tanks and into the channel you needed a Seared Faucet attached to the tank to drain it into the channel. At least that's how it works with TiCo Tanks :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I found that to get anything out of the tanks and into the channel you needed a Seared Faucet attached to the tank to drain it into the channel. At least that's how it works with TiCo Tanks :)

Yeah, I used a Thermal Expansion tank, so I could whack it with a wrench and put the tank into output mode. It went right into the channel, no need for a faucet. I bet you used a tank without the capability to flip between "input" and "output" mode? In that case, using a faucet might be the solution? Never tried it, nor have I used TiCo tanks except for the one lava tank that powers my Smeltery.

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
You can use any type of fluid pipe/conduit to get liquid into and out of a smeltery. My advice for getting Liquid XP into a smeltery is to use an item from EnderIO called a experience rod. When you shift right-click on any tank like a smeltery drain you store as much experience as the tank can hold provided you have enough XP. Any leftover XP can be right-clicked out of the smeltery and back into your player.

Reactions: asb3pe

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've run outta time tonight but I'm gonna try this reddit reference next (See the bottom)
It says you can't use all of those liquids, just primal mana which is a combination of those (And draconium)

This is prolly what Krista1234 was actually trying to say, but a misplaced comma suggests you have the option
Just for the record, this was the solution. You need to pour Primal Mana on top of silver ore/blocks from thermal foundation. Then you can scoop your mana back up.

Be careful, that stuff is nasty, both burning and freezing nearby blocks.

Kind of an annoying recipe to assemble; its a good thing you can make blood out of sandstone and zombie flesh.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think that's the item that requires Liquid XP, and that was my biggest issue in making Primal Mana.
The good news is that I've been hoarding xp since day 1. I've got tanks full of the stuff. I have an xp drain thingy near my door so that any time I have xp I just drop it off.
My mob grinders also gather xp. There's several ways to gather xp with a grinder in this pack; I think the open blocks vacuum hopper can do it. I've been using brain-in-a-jar lately just because its kinda neato. And last night I learned there's something called an experience obelisk in enderio. I wanna try that out.

I don't know anything about a block of silver. To make Primal Mana you just put a Mana Dust (pulverize a Mana Ingot) into the TiCo Table and pour the Pokefennium/Fairy/LiquidXP/Draconium mixture into the table on top of it. The result is one Primal Mana. Perhaps I've gotten my terminology mixed up, if so I apologize and suggest checking this in NEI. I'm not in-game and going off my (faulty) memory.
How do you get a mana ingot? :p
The block of silver/ore is in order to make another metal WITH the primal mana. Once you have that bucket of primal mana you can just keeping pouring it over silver in order to mass-produce the new metal. I forget what I need it for; something in the draconium mob grinder probably.

I finally learned that there is an item called the "Channel" which you can attach to a Smeltery Drain Block (facing the normal direction, you do not turn it 180 degrees), and then you can attach a tank with Liquid XP to the Channel, and it will flow into the Smeltery.
You can funnel liquids directly into the smeltery with any normal piping system so long as its directed to a drain block. Don't need the channels.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get a mana ingot? :p
The block of silver/ore is in order to make another metal WITH the primal mana. Once you have that bucket of primal mana you can just keeping pouring it over silver in order to mass-produce the new metal. I forget what I need it for; something in the draconium mob grinder probably.

A Mana Ingot comes from Thermal Expansion processing the Mana Ore blocks (which are a TE ore) in standard TE fashion, to maximize the output - ore+cinnabar in a TE Induction Smelter = 3 or 4 Mana Ingots - I'm not in-game so I forget exactly how many ingots you get.

I've probably added some confusion because I've been calling two different things as "Primal Mana" - there's the liquid form, but I also thought that when you pulverize a mana ingot into dust and then pour that Primal Mana liquid over it in a TiCo Casting Table, the resulting item is also called Primal Mana... maybe it's called Primal Mana Dust or something? I think I needed some of that stuff to make the Draconic Grinder, perhaps?

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Kind of an annoying recipe to assemble; its a good thing you can make blood out of sandstone and zombie flesh.

Wait... what? Seriously? You mean the same blood you get from dumping mobs into the TiCo smeltery? I don't have an automated setup for blood and it is highly annoying everytime I need some more of it. Oh I wish I were in-game so I could look at recipes!

I got your reply below, I'll just edit here to add... WOW! :D Tip of the day, right there (for me anyway)

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Wait... what? Seriously? You mean the same blood you get from dumping mobs into the TiCo smeltery? I don't have an automated setup for blood and it is highly annoying everytime I need some more of it. Oh I wish I were in-game so I could look at recipes!
Yeah you take 4 standstone, shapeless-craft them into (chiseled?) sandstone.
Then, 1 chiseled sandstone + 4 zombie flesh = 1 block-of-blood (I forget name again)
That block-of-blood can be melted in a tico smelter. Definitely functions as blood for tico recipes. Also works to make those orb of sacrifice thingies.

Reactions: asb3pe

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah you take 4 standstone, shapeless-craft them into (chiseled?) sandstone.
Then, 1 chiseled sandstone + 4 zombie flesh = 1 block-of-blood (I forget name again)
That block-of-blood can be melted in a tico smelter. Definitely functions as blood for tico recipes. Also works to make those orb of sacrifice thingies.
You can also just melt rotten flesh. No sandstone required.