FTB Infinity Evolved (Expert Mode) - Deemera's Build Journal

deemera

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to post some pics of my progress from the FTB Infinity Evolved (Expert Mode) playthrough I mentioned in this thread.

Here's my farm. Currently focusing on industrial hemp as a source of string and wool, with plots of wheat and barley for bread. And I've got a smaller area for carrots, potatoes, and garlic to make stew (6 drumsticks!).
2015-11-24_06.25.52.png
2015-11-24_06.26.47.png

Played again last night, and this time all 3 of my roomies joined in. We found a cave system and collected iron (4+ stacks!), copper, tin, aluminum, plus have spotted gold, redstone, lead, electrotine, and silver. Oh and now that we've got iron, I made a chisel (from Chisel), forge hammer, bucket and the Immersive Engineering hammer. So, we've got an active coke oven and smeltery. And I'm excited to take the chisel for a spin. For now I've mostly been using it as an inexpensive and quick way to collect stone bricks.
2015-11-24_06.28.05.png
2015-11-24_06.27.55.png

And here's the project I've been working on since day one. Not finished yet, but I think it's starting to come together.
2015-11-24_06.29.18.png
2015-11-24_06.29.59.png
2015-11-24_06.30.08.png
2015-11-24_06.30.22.png

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Like where you are going with the arboretum. Hard free handing dome like structures though. I would suggest using the Building Guide, but not much good since you have based it on a 2x2 center :(
But at least this can help you calculate even sided circles(if you don't have such a method already): http://www.minecraft-craftingguide.com/calculator.html

In cases like this I also tend to build the structure I want first and then manually build the tree afterwards to suit the structure. But it takes a bit of practice to (hopefully) pull off some naturally looking trees.

Keep it up. Looking good.

deemera

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. And you're right, I probably should have used the building guide and built my own tree, but I was very much in love with the idea of using the existing tree. We'll see if that comes back to bite me in the end.

The way it's actually turning out is more octagonal, but I'm fine with that. I figure I'll expand to have rooms coming out of the four arched sides, and then put in a second floor gallery area that looks down on the first floor. Probably put in a glass dome skylight to cap it all off.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The way it's actually turning out is more octagonal, but I'm fine with that. I figure I'll expand to have rooms coming out of the four arched sides,
That could work just fine. Like spokes on a wheel. And it looks like one of the sides comes straight out over a cliff side. You could decide not to have a wing of rooms on that side and just have a grand balcony there.