FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Back on topic, EMC value of stained clay definitively shouldn't be 258. (Mesa biomes...) But since EMC is completely broken anyways... Why does this mod is even in this pack?
I think you mean 256. Clay ball = 64 -> *4 to make Clay = 256. Just cook it and it's hardened clay.
The mod is in there prob for Simple Condensers (you know, for unused or new mods? The purpose of this modpack) and as said before if you don't like OP mods, don't use them, ignore them, disable them.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
I see a lot of people posting some free power gen setup, so here is mine:
Cobblestone Generator hooked up to a Simple Condenser, make TNT -> TnT to TnT Generator (8x)
This produces 640Rf/t and my system keeps up (just spam does world interaction upgrades)

OP? yes
Care? no
Free power, thanks to cobblestone ;)

Katz

Jul 29, 2019
Add Hydraulicraft and/or Calculator, and/or maybe Pneumaticcraft and/or FLORA/FLORA Reborn.
Hydraulicraft may have duplicate functionality/power system but nevertheless is a cool mod, only appearing in Direwolf20?? Calculator is a really cool mod, adding all sorts of new content and things to work towards:https://github.com/SonarSonic/Calculator/wiki. Pneumaticcraft has really come a long way from where it began, so you should definitely consider it for an addition. FLORA/FLORA Reborn is a really cool armor mod including fluid based armors, but you would need to include alternative crafting recipes for the required fluids.
EDIT: QuasarCraft looks interesting for magic, haven't played, seems new, but the update looks like it will add content
For an alternative to Tinkers Construct Crafting Benches-Werkbench
Arcane Arteries(Cool Addon for Blood Magic)-Change Razor Blade to be EssentialCraft 3 knife, adds support for EvilCraft
EvilCraft-Cool magic mod, looks really creepy (There is retrogen)
Magical Instruments-Looks cool, early/late game help against monsters
Magneticraft-Looks foreign, but has a power system based on Blutricity?!?!
I second Compact Machines
ChaosCraft 2-different kind of magic mod??
Floocraft-Cool teleportation(HARRY POTTER!!!)
Pressure Pipes-Might be redundant?, but infinite fluid transport
Ars Magica 2-Hasn't been in any 1.7.10 packs ):, but kind of unstable, and few updates?(Think there is retrogen)
Magitek-Different kind of magic mod, blatantly states tech, but presented as magic
JewelryCraft-Cool baubles, debuffs/buffs :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TDarkShadow

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Player API mod needs to be added to the pack to fix being able to go to the Extra utilities dimensions(Deep Dark, Last Millenium). After some research, it seems the Galacticraft gives the extra slots(space gear) by creating a fake player. This causes problems with EU dimensions. Simply adding the Player API mod fixes it. You do not have to change the dimension id's like some people suggested when I was researching the issue. I also have updated Galacticraft and EU to the latest versions and still had the issue without the player api mod.
Added in latest, it'll be moved to recommended sometime soon (after I fix what I broke lol).
Add Hydraulicraft and/or Calculator, and/or maybe Pneumaticcraft and/or FLORA/FLORA Reborn.
Hydraulicraft may have duplicate functionality/power system but nevertheless is a cool mod, only appearing in Direwolf20?? Calculator is a really cool mod, adding all sorts of new content and things to work towards:https://github.com/SonarSonic/Calculator/wiki. Pneumaticcraft has really come a long way from where it began, so you should definitely consider it for an addition. FLORA/FLORA Reborn is a really cool armor mod including fluid based armors, but you would need to include alternative crafting recipes for the required fluids.
EDIT: QuasarCraft looks interesting for magic, haven't played, seems new, but the update looks like it will add content
For an alternative to Tinkers Construct Crafting Benches-Werkbench
Arcane Arteries(Cool Addon for Blood Magic)-Change Razor Blade to be EssentialCraft 3 knife, adds support for EvilCraft
EvilCraft-Cool magic mod, looks really creepy (There is retrogen)
Magical Instruments-Looks cool, early/late game help against monsters
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No no, I'm speaking about stained clay, and it's 258 (see picture), probably for the dye...
Anyways, if I had to ignore every op mod, I wouldn't be playing this modpack~ ^-^
I'm trying this pack for the more-or-less new mods. (but most of the "big" mods are not new at all to me ._.)
(actually it's just that I let others choose the next modpack for our server)

No no, I'm speaking about stained clay, and it's 258 (see picture), probably for the dye...
Anyways, if I had to ignore every op mod, I wouldn't be playing this modpack~ ^-^
I'm trying this pack for the more-or-less new mods. (but most of the "big" mods are not new at all to me ._.)
(actually it's just that I let others choose the next modpack for our server)

In two colors, it should be readable on both style :D
I can barely see it when you write in Cyan like that, and making it darker doesn't particularly help. Plus writing it twice is just repetitious. I recommend you write normally and get a filter for your browser that makes all text cyan.

Anyway, mods won't be removed from the pack if I can help it, regardless of if they're unbalanced or not.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I can barely see it when you write in Cyan like that, and making it darker doesn't particularly help. Plus writing it twice is just repetitious. I recommend you write normally and get a filter for your browser that makes all text cyan.
I've just been informed that neither of those colors are Cyan.
Not really. Both myself and @Gideonseymour are colour-blind, and I'm certain there are more people than just us who are on here. I can't see it, and wouldn't be surprised if Gideon can't either.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
It looks Cyan/Purple. If it was all dark it'd look dark purple/turquoise. I'm red-green colorblind, so the red+blue to make purple and the green+blue to make cyan look the same.
I have good color vision but I had to zoom the page in to even read the post in question.... You like colors and fonts we get it...they make filters to make all pages look like that. There is a reason almost all forums and websites use the same size and type of font. Along with basic white font on black background or black font on white background. It's the least strenuous on the eyes to read.

eadmund

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to make a Lua EEPROM? I crafted it with a manual, but it's still just a normal EEPROM. This means that I can't get a computer to run:-(

Nonsanity

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to make a Lua EEPROM? I crafted it with a manual, but it's still just a normal EEPROM. This means that I can't get a computer to run:-(
You can't craft the EEPROM with the Manual after the EEPROM has been inserted once in a computer. Craft a new EEPROM with the Manual before putting it in.

Reactions: eadmund

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
@Gideonseymour Hey, is there any more discussion on the Java8 requirement. I don't mind but my server host is leary
It should be find on the server to use JAVA 8, since the server doesn't do any rendering and all the issues with JAVA 8 are related to rendering APIs.
Should also be fine to stay with JAVA 7 since it runs the new update perfectly fine as far as I can tell.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
It should be find on the server to use JAVA 8, since the server doesn't do any rendering and all the issues with JAVA 8 are related to rendering APIs.
Should also be fine to stay with JAVA 7 since it runs the new update perfectly fine as far as I can tell.
I will do a test install on the server..

Reactions: Type1Ninja

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, "some" thermal foundation ingots work with EE3.
So we got that going for us,
which is nice...
If the actual recipes would also work
:/...
Q.Q...
T-T

Still enjoying immersive engineering tho

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone managed to get power out of Immersive Engineering Water Wheels? I've spent a couple hours trying to get them to generate power. Windmills are fine, but the Water Wheel just isn't interested in actually producing power (also, Mekanism cable doesn't seem to connect to Kinetic Dynamos :( )

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone managed to get power out of Immersive Engineering Water Wheels? I've spent a couple hours trying to get them to generate power. Windmills are fine, but the Water Wheel just isn't interested in actually producing power (also, Mekanism cable doesn't seem to connect to Kinetic Dynamos :( )
You have to stand where the water wheel goes when you place the dynamo. They seem to be one sided. Also power can only come out of the top of them. As for getting power out, you can place an IE LV, MV, or HV connector on an energy cube and connect it to the dynamo. What I did to save running tons of cable was use Extra utilities energy transfer nodes on the top of each dynamo. I then used Ender transmitter and receivers to connect the dynamos wirelessly to my power storage. You just name the the transmitter and receivers in an anvil and they connect. It is especially useful for windmills so they can be high up to make more power.