FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I messed up a recipe. I meant to have it smelt gravel, it instead decided it wanted to do sand, overwriting the recipe for glass. In the minecraft/scripts/Crafting.zs, remove the line that says "furnace.addRecipe(<Silicio:materials:4>, <ore:sand>);" (line 26). Then do /mt reload, and your problem should be fixed. I'll have a version out today that fixes it, and adds Difficult Life client side, because I forgot it somehow. (still going to be disabled by default).

tl;dr: I'm an idiot
Before you push that if it hasn't occurred yet, DON'T DO THE GRAVEL THING EITHER, THAT'S CHISEL'S CONCRETE.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: More food?

Potatoes, carrots and bread are all well and good, but either Harvestcraft or another food mod would be good.
Sustainable food sources for going to the moon is a bit difficult.

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: More food?

Potatoes, carrots and bread are all well and good, but either Harvestcraft or another food mod would be good.
Sustainable food sources for going to the moon is a bit difficult.

Have you looked into items from the Apple Milk and Tea mod? Also, steamed beef and porkchops from Flaxbeards seem to give max saturation. That may be a good way to go.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Have you looked into items from the Apple Milk and Tea mod? Also, steamed beef and porkchops from Flaxbeards seem to give max saturation. That may be a good way to go.
Yes, but having food producing on the moon. I have been fiddling with Apple Milk and Tea mod all weekend. We need an apple tree, because oak doesn't drop it frequently enough. SO... Growthcraft apples? If it were fixed.

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but having food producing on the moon. I have been fiddling with Apple Milk and Tea mod all weekend. We need an apple tree, because oak doesn't drop it frequently enough. SO... Growthcraft apples? If it were fixed.
Ah, I understand. Maybe use EE3? How much of an input cost would be required to exchange for apples?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my goodness lol
You do realize this is what you get for making a pack I'll actually play? Funnily enough I knew the concrete thing offhand because that's what I had screwed up on making when I reported that other bug set you got in private.

(And the all-caps rendition was totally because I was rushing to deal with a pot of boiling water while also needing to get away from the computer ASAP to get the lawn mowed before the temperature outside became "suburb of Hell".)

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
You do realize this is what you get for making a pack I'll actually play? Funnily enough I knew the concrete thing offhand because that's what I had screwed up on making when I reported that other bug set you got in private.

(And the all-caps rendition was totally because I was rushing to deal with a pot of boiling water while also needing to get away from the computer ASAP to get the lawn mowed before the temperature outside became "suburb of Hell".)
Everything about this post is amazing XD

As a side note, I find it mildly amusing that every time I set up infinite glass production in other packs I end up with a ton of concrete as well. :D
(I use an igneous extruder --> pulverizer --> redstone furnace setup. I generally don't bother with separate outputs on the pulverizer. :p)

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I'm not sure if this is a bug, and I am in 1.0.0 still, but the EMC for redstone blocks, gold blocks, pistons, and various other blocks have no EMC value. I have noticed that Essentialcraft has gems that pop in as being oredictionaried, maybe that is a problem?

I mean pistons, really?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

Perhaps you should invest in a remote-controlled mower, so you can mow from the safety of the shady areas of your house and yard? Or maybe you've got enough acreage to mow that a cabin-based mower would be feasible? Preferably one with airconditioning I would imagine! :D

I'm looking at playing this pack and I was wondering if there's a steep learning curve to the mods if one doesn't know anything about them, being rarely or never-used mods on FTB prior to this pack's release?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Reactions: Psychicash

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
The Redstonic mod apparently needs EnderIO to craft a lot of it's components, like the tier 2 and 3 batteries. Would adding EnderIO mess up my world?

Malaclypse

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this is a bug, and I am in 1.0.0 still, but the EMC for redstone blocks, gold blocks, pistons, and various other blocks have no EMC value. I have noticed that Essentialcraft has gems that pop in as being oredictionaried, maybe that is a problem?

I mean pistons, really?

What I think is going on is that EMC values are hard coded for a few things, then the rest are supposed to be calculated based on their crafting recipes. That process only works when all of the items used in the recipes for a particular end product have EMC values. The example I noticed was vanilla books and paper. You'd think those should get EMC values, but they didn't get calculated for me.

Sugar cane and leather both have EMC values, and in vanilla that's enough for paper and books to get their EMC values calculated. The problem was that there's an alternate recipe for paper using Hemp, and Hemp didn't have an EMC value set. Since Hemp didn't have an EMC value, paper didn't get one either. Since Paper didn't have an EMC value, books didn't get one. Once I manually added an EMC value for Hemp and restarted the game, I got calculated EMC values for both paper and books. (I think I also assigned an EMC value to sawdust since there's a sawdust to paper recipe too).

My guess is that something similar is going on with your examples. It seems like once we get EMC values assigned for a few dozen basic materials added by various mods, most of the rest of the EMC values will fall into place.

There seem to be some other EE3 oddities, too. For instance, with my paper and books, they DID have EMC values at one point, without me doing anything. I know that's true, because I was able to scan them into my alchemy book thing, then the next day I wasn't able to pull them out of a transmutation tablet because they'd lost their EMC values somehow.

The_Hob290

Jul 29, 2019
So I went to the moon without enough fuel to get back, anyone know if there is fuel on the moon or do I have to cheat to get back to the overworld?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So I went to the moon without enough fuel to get back, anyone know if there is fuel on the moon or do I have to cheat to get back to the overworld?
You'll have to cheat. :p
Luckily, you don't need to constantly have buttloads of fuel; stuff like RFTools teleporters work since the moon is just another dimension. You can build moonbasses (no typo) with tele-nexi. :D

Reactions: The_Hob290