FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I would like to have logic pipes as an alternative to AE. Buildcraft is already in the pack.
Check out Refined Relocation :)
Sweet! I'm exited for the upcoming updates! also emc values? will that be implemented or is it going to have to be done manually? if a list can be made with the basic materials, copper tin lead etc, and form those 'unknown' mods servers can manually add em for the time being, servers are looking for guidance for the em values and want to avoid dupe bugs. thanks !! keep up awesome work!
I'll get a list prepared - hold on.

Reactions: Psychicash

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
For the base materials and etc, I'll probably end up going with:
  • Marble: 1
  • Limestone: 1
  • Andesite: 1
  • Diorite: 1
  • Granite: 1
  • Basalt: 1
  • Teslatite: 32
  • Salt: 32
  • Copper: 128
  • Tin: 128
  • Aluminium: 128
  • Zinc: 128
  • Osmium: 256
  • All EssentialCraft III "Drops": 256
  • Steel: 384
  • Lead: 1024
  • Silver: 1024
  • Ruby: 1024
  • Sapphire: 1024
  • Amethyst: 1024
  • Dimensional Shard: 4096
The rest should probably fill themselves in with the Dynamic EMC system. I'll get a set of commands ready for people to execute tomorrow.

Marmojet

Jul 29, 2019
Is EE3 working for everyone else? I don't get EMC values for most items, and I'm assuming it is because dynamic EMC isn't working. For instance, I see EMC value for iron ingot, but not iron bucket. I see EMC value for Cobblestone, but not Compressed Cobblestone. I looked through the commands, but I don't see anything about regenerating EMC, just syncing with server. I deleted the EMC configuration from the config folder. Also deleted the folder in the world save to see if it would regenerate.

Any ideas?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
In the EMC config file, try setting the "when to use dynamic emc" or whatever to "Always." That way it'll activate each time you load a world. So then open the world, put in your EMC values, and then reload it. You should be set then.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
In the EMC config file, try setting the "when to use dynamic emc" or whatever to "Always." That way it'll activate each time you load a world. So then open the world, put in your EMC values, and then reload it. You should be set then.

I had a similar issue. Of course when I created a new world most of the items I had emc for before no longer had them and others that I didn't did. For example bread had an emc value in the first world. It did not in the 2nd.

Would we have to adjust this setting if we were just connecting to a server? or does the client use the server config files to determine emc?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I had a similar issue. Of course when I created a new world most of the items I had emc for before no longer had them and others that I didn't did. For example bread had an emc value in the first world. It did not in the 2nd.

Would we have to adjust this setting if we were just connecting to a server? or does the client use the server config files to determine emc?

I would assume the client uses the server file, as if it didn't that would allow for exploits.

EPIIC_THUNDERCAT

Jul 29, 2019
For the base materials and etc, I'll probably end up going with:
  • Marble: 1
  • Limestone: 1
  • Andesite: 1
  • Diorite: 1
  • Granite: 1
  • Basalt: 1
  • Teslatite: 32
  • Salt: 32
  • Copper: 128
  • Tin: 128
  • Aluminium: 128
  • Zinc: 128
  • Osmium: 256
  • All EssentialCraft III "Drops": 256
  • Steel: 384
  • Lead: 1024
  • Silver: 1024
  • Ruby: 1024
  • Sapphire: 1024
  • Amethyst: 1024
  • Dimensional Shard: 4096
The rest should probably fill themselves in with the Dynamic EMC system. I'll get a set of commands ready for people to execute tomorrow.
your awesome thanks!

Boomer

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to me that Clockwork Phase is not properly functioning. The main component to the mod is the Mainspring, which functions as the sort of "power" or "energy" for the tools and armors of the mod. To increase this you are supposed to be able to surround a main spring (in a 3x3 crafting grid) with 8 of a single ingot type. I've tried Iron, Gold, Lead, Copper, etc. None of them allow you to increase the tension (energy/power capacity) of the Mainspring.

I would post this on the bug forum, but before doing that, I'd like to know if I'm the only one who is having this issue. Can anyone else confirm or deny having such an issue, or if there's a workaround to fix this problem?

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to me that Clockwork Phase is not properly functioning. The main component to the mod is the Mainspring, which functions as the sort of "power" or "energy" for the tools and armors of the mod. To increase this you are supposed to be able to surround a main spring (in a 3x3 crafting grid) with 8 of a single ingot type. I've tried Iron, Gold, Lead, Copper, etc. None of them allow you to increase the tension (energy/power capacity) of the Mainspring.

I would post this on the bug forum, but before doing that, I'd like to know if I'm the only one who is having this issue. Can anyone else confirm or deny having such an issue, or if there's a workaround to fix this problem?

you have to do this in a specific crafting table for the mod... I think it's an assembly table? it's the same table that you make the clockwork in.

Boomer

Jul 29, 2019
you have to do this in a specific crafting table for the mod... I think it's an assembly table? it's the same table that you make the clockwork in.
Thanks, that definitely is the issue. I wish the documentation written by the author was more clear. You're a legend.

Marmojet

Jul 29, 2019

Here is the closest I can find in the EE3 config file. It seems it is already set to Always, though it is not listed as a valid configuration.

# When to regenerate EnergyValues. Options are "When Mods Change" (when mods are added, removed, or updated) or "Never" (only generate the first time). [default: When Mods Change]
S:energyvalues.regenerateEnergyValuesWhen=Always

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "put in your EMC values". Iron ingot has a value by default. Do I need to set it again to get Iron Bucket to have a value?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Here is the closest I can find in the EE3 config file. It seems it is already set to Always, though it is not listed as a valid configuration.

# When to regenerate EnergyValues. Options are "When Mods Change" (when mods are added, removed, or updated) or "Never" (only generate the first time). [default: When Mods Change]
S:energyvalues.regenerateEnergyValuesWhen=Always

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "put in your EMC values". Iron ingot has a value by default. Do I need to set it again to get Iron Bucket to have a value?
I don't think so. If it's set to Always, it should make the value for the buckets upon loading the world

amadornes

Jul 29, 2019
Framez is in. WAT :O
Framez 2 is well on its way. It'll bring huge changes (and many bugfixes) but hopefully world conversion will be smooth :)

Reactions: buggirlexpres

EPIIC_THUNDERCAT

Jul 29, 2019
You'll need to do the in-game commands. Run /ee3 to see a list of them
yea, i told him but he said he didnt know the commands, i will direct him here and if not tell him how to do it, i tested in single player but i didnt understand the 'post' and 'pre' part, also i reloaded my game and EMC didnt go over to armors and stuff, don't know if thats a single player issue or if that will be on servers too

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How are people liking this modpack? I am certainly happy to see a non-3rdparty FTB modpack with Galacticraft in it!! There's something about the idea of going to different planets that just excites me! It's almost like that feeling I first had when I first began playing this game - the feeling of exploration and adventure. This game needs more unique dimensions like Galacticraft offers! It need them in the worst way too. It gets boring with just Overworld and Nether, and the End is not even really a dimension (not much to do there after you kill the dragon and get some pearls).

Anyhow, I'd love to hear some feedback from people on the new pack. I see there is one mod disabled, and when I looked it up I was rather amazed at it. Don't think it's an enjoyable mod for me so I'd prob leave it turned off, but also looking for feedback on that mod (forget the name of it, it's the only mod not enabled by default in the modpack).

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
yea, i told him but he said he didnt know the commands, i will direct him here and if not tell him how to do it, i tested in single player but i didnt understand the 'post' and 'pre' part, also i reloaded my game and EMC didnt go over to armors and stuff, don't know if thats a single player issue or if that will be on servers too
Post means it happens last - DynEMC won't calculate anything from it. So if Iron is calculated in the Post phase, buckets won't have EMC. Pre means that things will get calculated based off of it.
How are people liking this modpack? I am certainly happy to see a non-3rdparty FTB modpack with Galacticraft in it!! There's something about the idea of going to different planets that just excites me! It's almost like that feeling I first had when I first began playing this game - the feeling of exploration and adventure. This game needs more unique dimensions like Galacticraft offers! It need them in the world way too. It gets boring with just Overworld and Nether, and the End is not even really a dimension (not much to do there after you kill the dragon and get some pearls).

Anyhow, I'd love to hear some feedback from people on the new pack. I see there is one mod disabled, and when I looked it up I was rather amazed at it. Don't think it's an enjoyable mod for me so I'd prob leave it turned off, but also looking for feedback on that mod (forget the name of it, it's the only mod not enabled by default in the modpack).
Yeah, it's disabled by default because it's obviously not for everyone, but it's there for people who feel they get too OP too quickly.

Reactions: Type1Ninja