FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
This thread is a general place to discuss Horizons: Daybreaker. Ask questions, make suggestions, and show off what you're done.

Some Frequently Asked Questions:

Question: Will you add X mod to the pack?
Answer: Provide me a link to the mod, and a good reason to include it. Provided it's stable and not prominently featured elsewhere in FTB, I might just add it.

Question: Why is X mod already in the pack?
Answer: Because it's shiny new alternative to mods we traditionally include in FTB packs. Horizons aims to put the spotlight on mods that haven't really been in FTB packs before. If you have a question about a specific mod, feel free to ask!

Question: I think X mod is overpowered. Can you nerf/remove it?
Answer: Probably not. With kitchen-sink style FTB packs, we try to make as few config changes as possible - nerfing or removing an item is usually right out.

Question: What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Answer: African or European?

Question: Why did you change X recipe or disable X item?
Answer: Depends on the item - usually it's to prevent conflicts between mods. If you have a question about a particular recipe, feel free to ask about it and I will elaborate.

Question: I crashed/found a bug/accidentally blew up my house because of this pack!
Answer: You can post your bug/crash here.

Question: Will there be EMC (exchange energy) values for copper, tin, osmium, and etc?
Answer: Yes, as soon as I have the capability to add them. Currently, EMC values are added for each save individually - meaning if I set the EMC value of copper in "New World," that value would not transfer to "New World-". This is a feature that will be added in the future. If you want, you can grab this file by @D4rkWulf - http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/goto/post?id=1286971#post-1286971 - to put them in the game yourself. You'll have to do it in each world, though.

Question: I burned down my town because this pack was so fire!
Answer: Unfortunately, this is one of the few cases where I can do nothing to help you. That's not even a question. Be ashamed.

Question: Can I add/remove X mod in my personal instance of the pack?
Answer: Go right ahead. However, do be warned that any crashes or bugs you encounter will probably not be supported unless they can be reproduced in the regular pack.

Question: Where can I find servers for this pack?
Answer: Once added, you can browse the servers for Daybreaker here by selecting Horizons: Daybreaker from the sidebar.

Question: Where can I view the modlist for this pack?
It'll soon be up on the FTB site, but for now, you can view it here: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/fff4d648

Question: [not answered here]
Answer: Feel free to ask below!

Question: Pizza?
Answer: Pizza.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pyure pyure = new Pyure();
if (pyure.Pizza())
{
pyure.Approve = true;
}

// differs subtly from pyure.Approve = pyure.Pizza();

Horizons was the last official FTB (non-third-party) pack I really enjoyed. Looking forward to this guys.

ShadoZerg_

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have just started up a FTB horizons 2 --- DayBreaker server! This is my first time hosting a dedicated server I cannot wait for people to check it out! The first 10 people to make towns on the server will get the founder rank and there towns will never fall! We are a towny PVP server! Server IP is 73.25.169.68 until we get a domain!

Reactions: Psychicash

Zetharion

Jul 29, 2019
Is Galacticraft Oil supposed to be picked up like you pick up items? I got near a Blue Power volcano in an Ice Plains biome with magnet mode on and all these oil tiles flew at me. I have never played with Galacticraft and don't know how its supposed to behave. Not sure if this counts as a bug or not to report.

Last edited:

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Is Galacticraft Oil supposed to be picked up like you pick up items? I got near a Blue Power volcano in an Ice Plains biome with magnet mode on and all these oil tiles flew at me. I have never played with Galacticraft and don't know how its supposed to behave. Not sure if this counts as a bug or not to report.

I have the same question, I am playing on a Realistic World Gen world, and tiles of Galacticraft oil are spraying out of thin air all over the ground, stacks of them. Pic is attached.

Attachments

• 2015-06-19_15.04.14.png
    2015-06-19_15.04.14.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 211

Zetharion

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same question, I am playing on a Realistic World Gen world, and tiles of Galacticraft oil are spraying out of thin air all over the ground, stacks of them. Pic is attached.

Ok So it has to be a bug, ill file a report then.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Will you add Witchery mod to the pack?
This is a semi common mod but not known by many people, since this pack is based on unknown mods i believe that adding this mod is a good idea since its unique and fun! Thanks and Congrats!! https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/
Unfortunately, it's in Infinity, and we're trying to avoid mods found in Infinity to give the players a new experience.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Will you add Witchery mod to the pack?
This is a semi common mod but not known by many people, since this pack is based on unknown mods i believe that adding this mod is a good idea since its unique and fun! Thanks and Congrats!! https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/

Mods "unknown" in FTB packs. Witchery is in so many packs I wouldn't hold your breath on it.

Edit: Ninja'd by Gideon.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: Matter Overdrive! :D
I wanna have a phaser and turn into an android and turn dirt into diamonds (using a very balanced, radiation emitting, RF-nomming system; think EE2 but w/ power requirements).
It's actually really cool, and it isn't in Infinity. :)

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Question: What is the seed of the picture of the mesa in the release announcement?

Has anyone found a seed they like so far?

Aura Cascade sounds like an interesting mod, and Others.

EPIIC_THUNDERCAT

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, last suggestion from me [for now >:)], so this AMAZING mod has not been released but they've said it will be soon, the mod is called 'Immersive Engineering' i can't explain how great this mod looks and how great it would (i think) fit with this pack! Gid I'm sure you watch Direwolf so you may know what it is :p

Reactions: Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, last suggestion from me [for now >:)], so this AMAZING mod has not been released but they've said it will be soon, the mod is called 'Immersive Engineering' i can't explain how great this mod looks and how great it would (i think) fit with this pack! Gid I'm sure you watch Direwolf so you may know what it is :p

a thousand times this... pretty please... christmas list.... :D

Reactions: EPIIC_THUNDERCAT