FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

tommyTT

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question for all chronomancers here: how do I get a tool into the multi tool? I thought you simply craft it in a crafting table, but it isn't working for me. Is there something that I'm missing? I'm using version 1.1.0 and already tried it with a completely fresh version of the pack as well as with the previous version but nothing helped. I'm really confused and hope someone can help me.

I also tried to use the Framez mod but whenever I set down a frame it crashes my client. Can anybody confirm this?

One more thing concerning my previous post about redstonic recipe changes: the recipe for the electrum handle also needs to be modified because it requires the Thermal Expansion version of a block of electrum. With Immersive Engineering installed it adds another version of electrum that makes the TE version of the block uncraftable.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So, 125 Flash boiler is my only solution to power a 50 Enderium turbine steam generator from Advanced generator?
It's not like it's expensive resources wise, but I'm pretty sure server will not like that.
And there is no config option to change the SteamUnit to steam mB ratio or the amount of steam produced...
Not sure about the steam boilers, but I'm running a 50 Enderium Turbine Gas Generator on Mekanism Liquid Ethylene, and I'm easily over-producing fuel for it with a single Pressurized Reaction Chamber, a single Electrolytic Seperator, a single Rotary Condensentrator, and a Basic Crushing Factory making Bio Fuel from wheat and seeds from a 9X9 farm with an Open Blocks sprinkler (with bonemeal, and some Rituals of the Green Grove in case I'm really low). Everything's got max upgrades. I'm willing to bet I could run 2 of them easily, but I just don't need that kind of power (having 50 turbines is overkill...I'm usually using ~12,500 rf/t when my Digital Miner is running and significantly less when it isn't.)

It's honestly a surprisingly easy set up for the power return (would be less easy if Enderium still used ender pearls...diamonds are easy, but my Enderman soul shard is only tier 2)

Anyone know of any use for all these extra Division Sigls I'm getting from killing withers? NEI doesn't show anything, but I know Tema likes secret stuff. Seriously tempted to set up one of the top tier EE Condensers to make nether stars from cobble just because I don't want to throw out the Division Sigils, but they take up a lot of space.

tommyTT

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of any use for all these extra Division Sigls I'm getting from killing withers? NEI doesn't show anything, but I know Tema likes secret stuff. Seriously tempted to set up one of the top tier EE Condensers to make nether stars from cobble just because I don't want to throw out the Division Sigils, but they take up a lot of space.

I performed the second ritual with one of the sigils, but get a lot of them from my cascading looter, so other than for removing enchants (which I just discovered recently) I throw them into the EE system because they have a fair amount of EMC. If you want to make nether stars I highly recommend using an ender lilly farm. The lilly seeds have a ridiculously high EMC value and with a high powered cascading grower setup I'm currently insta-growing them on an ender core (as well as the ones from the cascading looter).

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
EE is so weird and buggy. I checked to see if the Division Sigil had an EMC value, and they don't in my world (neither does paper or books, which is kind of annoying.) As for making nether stars, that was mostly idle annoyance. I've got the Quantum Flux armor and the Eviscerator, plus a Tier 5 Blood Altar, so I don't really imagine I'll have much use for many more.

I'm guessing the Cascading Grower and Looter are from Aura Cascade? That's the next mod I want to look through. I was looking for ways to accelerate plant growth and ended up with the Sprinkler and Rituals of the Green Grove just because I wasn't aware of anything else in the pack that would work, and I needed a steady supply of wheat for my power production.

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
EE is so weird and buggy. I checked to see if the Division Sigil had an EMC value, and they don't in my world (neither does paper or books, which is kind of annoying.) As for making nether stars, that was mostly idle annoyance. I've got the Quantum Flux armor and the Eviscerator, plus a Tier 5 Blood Altar, so I don't really imagine I'll have much use for many more.

I'm guessing the Cascading Grower and Looter are from Aura Cascade? That's the next mod I want to look through. I was looking for ways to accelerate plant growth and ended up with the Sprinkler and Rituals of the Green Grove just because I wasn't aware of anything else in the pack that would work, and I needed a steady supply of wheat for my power production.
EE has been buggy from the beginning, but for me in latest version things like books ect have EMC just like some TE ingots, but there us still a lot not working. For earlier version (1.0.2 and lower) on page 1 there is a link to one of my posts where i uploaded a ee3 config file with some value's that actually worked. It doesn't add a lot, but at least things like chests, furnaces, books and papers have an EMC.

The Grower from aura cascade is in mu opinion not that great if you want to make big farm, but the looter works great.
Its a pretty funny mod, but really the only thing I was after was the 11th grade sword. its pretty easy too automate aswell.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190 met Tapatalk

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
The Progressive Automation mod author just closed those issues only hours ago. The details can be read here: https://github.com/Vanhal/ProgressiveAutomation/issues/167
The mod author also just released the 1.6.27 update for the mod, and it can be found here: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/220606-progressive-automation-early-miner#t1:other-downloads

They closed the issues, but did not resolve them. And no further details were given on the github. I did a forced update and I'm currently running the newest version 1.7.10 and the tool input issues are still there. The mod is basically broken at this point since you are now required to constantly monitor machines to manually place tools or items in them. This has basically rendered my game unplayable at this point since this mod is the major farming mod and the only mining mod for early and mid game.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
They closed the issues, but did not resolve them. And no further details were given on the github. I did a forced update and I'm currently running the newest version 1.7.10 and the tool input issues are still there. The mod is basically broken at this point since you are now required to constantly monitor machines to manually place tools or items in them. This has basically rendered my game unplayable at this point since this mod is the major farming mod and the only mining mod for early and mid game.

Ok I did some further investigation and it appears the forced update did not install the most recent update to the mod which is 1.7.10-1.6.27. I downloaded and installed the correct jar file and now you can use the wrench and an input such as pipe or hopper to feed tools into the machines. They still will not pull from internal inventory. I'm not sure why that function was removed, I still consider that broken, but I can live with the input function at this stage in the game. Early game function is drastically reduced however by nerfing that feature.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So...if anyone's interested, Geko's Lasers seem to not work on the Ender Dragon and the crystals that heal it (at least with Hardcore Ender Expansion installed.) Made my fight with the Ender Dragon...interesting, to say the least (since you get knocked back almost every time you get near the dragon.)

Also, the Eviscerator doesn't work for picking up the dragon egg (in HEE you get it by shift-right clicking with a sword.)

Howard_Roark

Jul 29, 2019
They still will not pull from internal inventory.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not having problems with my farms since updating. Perhaps if I pass along some info (lots and lots of info) something of it will be relevant to you and help you some. With Progressive Automation-1.7.10-1.6.16, I built a 9x9 tree farm (iron chopper) to produce wood to make charcoal to power the machines and to make sticks to craft the tools (wooden crafter). Then I made a 9x9 wheat farm (stone planter) to feed cows (stone animal farmer) for leather and steak (stone killer). It was fully automated and self-contained except for the animal farmer (It would not accept inputs via any method other than manual). For that reason I updated to Progressive Automation-1.7.10-1.6.24, and that update broke my set up. None of the various pipes or hoppers I tried were connecting or inputting properly no matter what I tried. Then I updated to Progressive Automation-1.7.10-1.6.27 and everything worked again. I did nothing to the Progressive Automation machines with the PA wrench. I didn't assign values to the sides of the machines. I left them as they were when I crafted them.

I started in my world with Mekanism. The first farm I built was the tree farm. I used Mekanism's Logistical Sorter and Advanced Logistical Transporters to shuttle items to and from a vanilla furnace, to the wooden crafters, back into the PA machines, and finally to an output overflow chest. I was fixated on Mekanism at that point and forgot about other ways to transport items. So, I filled all but one of the inventory slots in the wooden crafters with a single dirt block so that only one slot would be filled with the inputted item. By the time I expanded to the wheat farm, I was heavily invested in Extra Utilities and its Transfer Nodes and Transfer Pipes. I attached a Rationing Pipe to the side of PA's machines, eliminating the need to fill the inventory slots with a dirt block. PA's stone planter dumps seed and wheat into its inventory slots. I have a Mekanism's Advanced Logistical Transporter set to PULL mode with Mekanism's Configurator attached to the underside of the planter, dumping the inventory slots into a chest. I have a Transfer Node and Filter pulling out the seeds with a Transfer Pipe+Rationing Pipe running back up to the side of the planter seen here - http://imgur.com/FWAo0yh. You can see in that image that I still have a Mekanism's Advanced Logistical Transporter attached to the side of the stone planter. The Advanced Logistical Transporter pipe is inputting the stone hoe into the wooden planter's tool slot (The other end of that Advanced Logistical Transporter is in PULL mode attached to the bottom of the wooden crafter).

tl;dr - I'm inputting to Progressive Automation machines with Extra Utilities Rationing pipes attached to the sides of the machines. I have not configured the sides of the machines with the Progressive Automation wrench. The inputted tool goes into the "tool" slot of the machine automatically (as it should), and the tools do not go into and fill up the inventory slots. The animal farmer accepts inputted wheat as a "tool" into its "tool" slot and does not continue to fill the inventory slots with wheat.

Last edited:

thegreatpl

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... when I upgraded to 1.10 (mostly because I realized I needed the oil for galacticraft), I found that I got a massive load of missing Ids, mainly from Emasher Core. I admit that I did have ComputerCraft installed as well, and Mekanism on latest version.

Still, rather annoying to loose all my Aluminium. I'm not sure if it was because I had computercraft installed or not... or if someone else has had this problem...

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... when I upgraded to 1.10 (mostly because I realized I needed the oil for galacticraft), I found that I got a massive load of missing Ids, mainly from Emasher Core. I admit that I did have ComputerCraft installed as well, and Mekanism on latest version.

Still, rather annoying to loose all my Aluminium. I'm not sure if it was because I had computercraft installed or not... or if someone else has had this problem...

I have lost several things in various situations, crashed, relogging and an enire mod disappeared when I updated (a chest mod). I haven't noticed any missing aluminum, but I also haven't used any since I started playing Horizons, maybe I should check.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not having problems with my farms since updating. Perhaps if I pass along some info (lots and lots of info) something of it will be relevant to you and help you some. With Progressive Automation-1.7.10-1.6.16, I built a 9x9 tree farm (iron chopper) to produce wood to make charcoal to power the machines and to make sticks to craft the tools (wooden crafter). Then I made a 9x9 wheat farm (stone planter) to feed cows (stone animal farmer) for leather and steak (stone killer). It was fully automated and self-contained except for the animal farmer (It would not accept inputs via any method other than manual). For that reason I updated to Progressive Automation-1.7.10-1.6.24, and that update broke my set up. None of the various pipes or hoppers I tried were connecting or inputting properly no matter what I tried. Then I updated to Progressive Automation-1.7.10-1.6.27 and everything worked again. I did nothing to the Progressive Automation machines with the PA wrench. I didn't assign values to the sides of the machines. I left them as they were when I crafted them.

I started in my world with Mekanism. The first farm I built was the tree farm. I used Mekanism's Logistical Sorter and Advanced Logistical Transporters to shuttle items to and from a vanilla furnace, to the wooden crafters, back into the PA machines, and finally to an output overflow chest. I was fixated on Mekanism at that point and forgot about other ways to transport items. So, I filled all but one of the inventory slots in the wooden crafters with a single dirt block so that only one slot would be filled with the inputted item. By the time I expanded to the wheat farm, I was heavily invested in Extra Utilities and its Transfer Nodes and Transfer Pipes. I attached a Rationing Pipe to the side of PA's machines, eliminating the need to fill the inventory slots with a dirt block. PA's stone planter dumps seed and wheat into its inventory slots. I have a Mekanism's Advanced Logistical Transporter set to PULL mode with Mekanism's Configurator attached to the underside of the planter, dumping the inventory slots into a chest. I have a Transfer Node and Filter pulling out the seeds with a Transfer Pipe+Rationing Pipe running back up to the side of the planter seen here - http://imgur.com/FWAo0yh. You can see in that image that I still have a Mekanism's Advanced Logistical Transporter attached to the side of the stone planter. The Advanced Logistical Transporter pipe is inputting the stone hoe into the wooden planter's tool slot (The other end of that Advanced Logistical Transporter is in PULL mode attached to the bottom of the wooden crafter).

tl;dr - I'm inputting to Progressive Automation machines with Extra Utilities Rationing pipes attached to the sides of the machines. I have not configured the sides of the machines with the Progressive Automation wrench. The inputted tool goes into the "tool" slot of the machine automatically (as it should), and the tools do not go into and fill up the inventory slots. The animal farmer accepts inputted wheat as a "tool" into its "tool" slot and does not continue to fill the inventory slots with wheat.

I have not graduated to using sorting pipes at all yet. My farm is still seperate from animals etc. Chopper is piped into basement vanilla furnace making charcoal to feed gens. Miner is feeding drawers via ender chest. All piping is XU. I'll probably keep everything as simple as possible with XU as long as I can. My only issue with that is not being able to blacklist with XU. I am definitely avoiding the more complex pipes at this point as I usually get frustrated wading through all the fancy functions that I won't use.

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
Word of warning about the Ofanix.

Don't use its 'crafting grid' method of making cobblestone while it's part of a Clockwork Phase multitool.

It will become a regular Ofanix and you will lose the multitool it was attached to, as well as any other items that were attached to that multitool.

I lost 2 bags and a bunch of tools by doing that.

Last edited:

Kinnon21

Jul 29, 2019
I really enjoyed refined relocation for their pipes and sorting chests. My only issue is that the ores wouldn't sort properly, which supposedly is an issue with the forge version used. So, I'm keeping it simple with XU and ender chests as well.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I really wish the Immersive Engineering Crusher had some sort of GUI. I had about 13k coal ore that I dropped into it (it had the best ore->coal ratio if I didn't want to break it all by hand), it's 2 days later, and it's still spitting out coal. I'd really like to know how close to done it is...

Keeshi

Jul 29, 2019
RR Pickaxe from Routers reborn can be used as 1x1, 3x3 or 5x5 mining, You can place torches with left click (unlimited torches),
It acts as Pick, Axe and a showel annnd you can recharge it with RF or with redstone + levels on Anvil :)

I can't figure out how to change the mining modes of my new RR Pick, any tips?

Edit: Never mind, I'm an idiot. Hold shift and right click(for anyone who wants to search for this info)

Last edited:

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
So, I started to make a shopping list for a Computer Guy Antigravitational Board. I listed everything and kept breaking it down till I got to the raw materials.

It needs the following raw materials:

1468 Ackronite Ingot (Demonic Plate x367)
87 Wind Crystal
216 Blaze Rods (Combined Magical Alloy x54)
432 Ender Pearls (Combined Magical Alloy x54)
52 Diamond+Emerald (MRU Resonating Crystal x52)
460 Mithrilene Dust (Mithriline Crystal x16) (Fading Crystal x76)
64 Elemental Gem
~500 Magical Fortified Plates (Demonic Plate, Combined Magical Alloy)

The board is awesome, but the crafting recipe is a nightmare. I think you'd need some kind of crazy automation setup before you even think of making one of these. Including maybe a way to spawn villagers and wind mages so you have an easier time with the demon trades.

Not sure what to do about the ender soul requests. I've just been cheating it in every time the demon requests it to save time, due to mod issues making them unacquirable.

The CG Antigrav is the best flying method but damn its expensive. I wonder how expensive it is compared to full CG armor. Not sure I want to do the shopping list for that as this one took me so long.

Last edited:

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So, I started to make a shopping list for a Computer Guy Antigravitational Board. I listed everything and kept breaking it down till I got to the raw materials.

It needs the following raw materials:

1468 Ackronite Ingot (Demonic Plate x367)
87 Wind Crystal
216 Blaze Rods (Combined Magical Alloy x54)
432 Ender Pearls (Combined Magical Alloy x54)
52 Diamond+Emerald (MRU Resonating Crystal x52)
460 Mithrilene Dust (Mithriline Crystal x16) (Fading Crystal x76)
64 Elemental Gem
~500 Magical Fortified Plates (Demonic Plate, Combined Magical Alloy)

The board is awesome, but the crafting recipe is a nightmare. I think you'd need some kind of crazy automation setup before you even think of making one of these. Including maybe a way to spawn villagers and wind mages so you have an easier time with the demon trades.

Not sure what to do about the ender soul requests. I've just been cheating it in every time the demon requests it to save time, due to mod issues making them unacquirable.

The CG Antigrav is the best flying method but damn its expensive. I wonder how expensive it is compared to full CG armor. Not sure I want to do the shopping list for that as this one took me so long.
Which mod is this from?

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Spent a whole day (real time) yesterday exploring looking for villages. My base is surrounded by taiga and roofed forest thousands of blocks in each direction. Neither biome seems to have any villages. The only place I seem to find them so far is desert or adjacent to desert, usually in savannah biome. I've yet to even find one in plains biome. I've also found very few dungeons. So loot seems relegated to desert temples, desert villages, and occasionally the chests that are in some kind of stone fenced thing that makes noise. Fortunately deserts are also huge and have a lot of temples and villages so emerald trade has been good as has dimlet collecting if I ever go that route.