FTB forum promoted servers and the now enforced rules

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
After the current posts from minecraft and relevant twitter accounts, What are FTB going to be doing about the servers that are breaking minecrafts rules? After a quick scan there are a lot of them. Just curious on your standing.

streaky

Jul 29, 2019
How did it become FTB's job to enforce Mojang's claimed EULA rules exactly? IANYL (or conscience) but they're of debatable enforceability anyways, either way it's still not either a) FTB's fault or b) FTB's problem. If Mojang want to police every single server on the planet and deal with the associated legal catastrophe that comes with it; it's for them to do.

The only way for Mojang to win this fight is if everybody folds and gives in a stops doing perfectly legitimate things.

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
The thread was regarding the servers promoted on ftb forums as per the title. As a community of modded minecraft and one that is now a business I would expect them to want to not be associated with people/servers going against mojangs rules. (Infact even before this was a business they would do the same i feel) I didn't state they had to enforce any rules, I was curious to their standing on servers using their forums to promote themselves while also blatantly doing the opposite of what mojang has now stated is not allowed.

MrBrunty

Jul 29, 2019
Im fairly sure, though don't quote me on this, that they explicitly ask you not to mention anything to do with donations in their server posting guide. So I would assume they wouldn't see the need to act any further. Particularly as it is now technically more legal to accept donations than it was before.

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
servers have been breaking the current EULA for over 6 months FTB did nothing why would they change that now