FTB doesn't always work on a Mac

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

-Kubie-

Jul 29, 2019
All the FTB modpacks don't work on my computer (Mac-Mountain Lion) what can i do?

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
All the FTB modpacks don't work on my computer (Mac-Mountain Lion) what can i do?
Look here for info about playing FTB on a Mac. Basically you need to either downgrade to Java 6 or update your lwjgl to 2.9.0 inside each mod pack folder. If you decide to downgrade to Java 6 check the link with the info in the earlier link. If you decide to update your lwjgl follow this guide. Change any reference to the Application Support folder to the mod pack folder you choose to play. You will need to do this for each mod pack as each pack has its own copy of lwjgl.

If you get any errors start a thread in the tech support forum with a link to a pastebin.com of your current console log in debug mode as you try to run the pack. If you need more info about the logs look here. I only have a PC so my help will be limited, but others might know and if I see your thread I will try to help as well.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
l4FuxuX.jpg

0VF2yCX.jpg

CELYEIO.jpg

ok, I'll leave now :(

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Try starting the launcher via terminal, forcing it to use Java 6 if you have 7 installed. If you don't know how a quick google search may help. If that doesn't work for some reason, you may want to look into using MultiMC to copy the instance over and then run it from there. No automatic updates or news, but it works.