FTB Departed Discussion

Incendiary

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like too ask a question so my Friend has this thing where every time he gets hit it uses an experience level anyone know what that is? Also just by looking at me he gives me wither I know its called deadly gaze but how do i get it?
Deadly gaze is a warp effect from thaumcraft.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so we updated aoa to candyland update and I was able to find my lunalus shrine in a ungenerated chunk which is great.

it totally got rid of assassins which is also great

I have been killing clowns in celeve tho and none are dropping the realmstones for candyland. is the wiki correct in that this is the way you get them?

I will be hearing kazoo's for the rest of the day I am sure

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Can you guys tell me which mod is this?
21nh95j.png

Incendiary

Jul 29, 2019
Can you guys tell me which mod is this?
That is Advent of Ascension, I believe this modpack is developed around it. I believe from left to right those are a crit meter (forget the name, but it increases crits for being near heat), tribute for the gods (get a buff depending on the god at night), energy (for energy weapons), creation power (for summoning), and soul power (for soul power consuming things). I'm probably missing something here.

There are also skills that you can have appear up there by pressing "c" (but this conflicts with another mod, so you may need to adjust it).

Reactions: ectoplasmaticgoo

Blockperson

Jul 29, 2019
hey i was wondering if anybody had a link to a departed server jar file in which i could download that can support bukkit plugins, currently i am working on an adventure map for the modpack and i need to be able to use WorldEdit and VoxelSniper to finish off what i am currently working on, if anyone could do so i would greatly appreciate it.

Incendiary

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have such a thing for departed, but look into cauldron, it is the only current thing I know of that combines Bukkit with FML

This video is for setting it up on Infinity, it should be the same with departed:

But I'll also suggest the less legally disputed option, there's a forum post somewhere about alternative to bukkit plugins.

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
I just lost all my stuff and will have to restore from backup because I fell through the world the first time I came back through the portal from Deeplands. I died at -299.5 y level. I tried teleporting there in flight mode in creative to see if there was a drop but apparently you die even in creative at that level - and I didn't see anything anyway.

So what mod is it that disables the keepInventory true so this doesn't happen in the future? I tried disabling lootable bodies but the setting still did not work. Some other mod must be overriding that setting. Hopefully it is configurable. I think this is the first pack I have seen where keepInventory does not work.

Last edited:

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
I just lost all my stuff and will have to restore from backup because I fell through the world the first time I came back through the portal from Deeplands. I died at -299.5 y level. I tried teleporting there in flight mode in creative to see if there was a drop but apparently you die even in creative at that level - and I didn't see anything anyway.

So what mod is it that disables the keepInventory true so this doesn't happen in the future? I tried disabling lootable bodies but the setting still did not work. Some other mod must be overriding that setting. Hopefully it is configurable. I think this is the first pack I have seen where keepInventory does not work.

I've been using NEI saves that you get in cheat mode, I hate losing tinkers stuff that has levels! NEI saves keep your inventory and worn armour, if you load a save it overwrites existing items, so take care.
Portals do seem a bit bugged, I've seen youtubers falling to the void after using an AOA portal.

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
The portal I have is just bad I guess - every time you go through you fall into the void and die. I restored from backup (which was taken when I was inside the deeplands already) and came back through and died all over again. I had an ender pouch so I just put all my stuff in it and went through and died in the void - and I just had to make the ender pouch again. I'm guessing if you have a good portal it is always good and that a bad portal is always bad. There is nothing really weird about this portal - it is underground (but not deep) and sunk in a couple blocks so it doesn't stick out of the ground so much - maybe that is the problem but Meatylock did that in his series and didn't seem to have any issues.

I just found this which is very interesting. I guess openblocks creates a file in the data directory of your save with your inventory contents every time you die. Then you can use this command to restore it:
/ob_inventory restore [name] [file]
I haven't tried it yet but it sounds pretty promising. It has the advantage of not having to know you are going to die to the void beforehand.

Still curious where keepInventory gamerule is disabled. I searched the config files for inventory (which is how I found out about the openblocks thing) and didn't turn up anything else of interest.

EDIT:
Apparently there is a keepAllInventory rule added by the Aspect of Ascension mod - I just tested it in the modpack and that one works. The same mod disables the vanilla keepInventory rule.

Last edited:
Reactions: cannajan

Crackerz

Jul 29, 2019
So was tinkers nerfed in this version? If so, what damage does the weapons do now? (Especially crossbows....)

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
So was tinkers nerfed in this version? If so, what damage does the weapons do now? (Especially crossbows....)
From what I see, ExtraTic was updated to include revised values for AoA metals. I seem to recall skeletal was nerfed to +2, leaving crystalitestone (+18) as the best. Looks like the overworld metals are the same, so sapphire is the way to go for overworld bolts (thats just from looking through NEI).

XolovA

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've gathered, some Tinkers weapons were but not the crossbows. However, I'm working on getting a fix to this made.

Reactions: Crackerz

Zafirx

Jul 29, 2019
Any possible way to fill an open blocks tank with water automatically with the default mods in the mod pack.

Also... The books "How not to die". When I updated to version 1.1.1 they became "Create New Book" and crashes the server every time I try reading it.

Last edited:

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Any possible way to fill an open blocks tank with water automatically with the default mods in the mod pack.

Also... The books "How not to die". When I updated to version 1.1.1 they became "Create New Book" and crashes the server every time I try reading it.
Cant golems do this? they can use a bucket

Krater107a

Jul 29, 2019

I have been having the same problem with my small departed 1.0.0 server. I can't update it to 1.1.1 because several types of books in my world get messed up. I found a way to stop the crashing however, there was an update released for enchiridion to prevent the crashing, (it seems that this update is not part of the 1.1.1 ftb departed modpack) but the books titles remain messed up.

Incendiary

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a magical equivalent to the auto-disenchanter in this? Something so that I can remove enchantments but not waste them?

Zafirx

Jul 29, 2019
I have been having the same problem with my small departed 1.0.0 server. I can't update it to 1.1.1 because several types of books in my world get messed up. I found a way to stop the crashing however, there was an update released for enchiridion to prevent the crashing, (it seems that this update is not part of the 1.1.1 ftb departed modpack) but the books titles remain messed up.

Interesting I hope someone will fix it in the next update... 1.1.2? or even 1.2 in the future?

jazzadellic

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing the FTB departed modpack and I noticed the AoA version is out of date. If I drag the new jar where it belongs, is it possible it will cause problems with the other mods in the modpack? My understanding was the modpacks were tweaked to remove mod conflicts, so I'm guessing installing the new version of AoA might alter this? And oh yeah if I do update it will I have to start a new game, I"m only like 30 minutes in ;o) But I got a nice starting spawn near a huge village hah.