FTB changes my skin?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cryght

Jul 29, 2019
So i logged onto FTB. and when i booted up my techworld 2 game to play i notice my skin changed. since my arm was not black and red like normal.. it was blue and tan.... so i hit F5 to my horror i see a female skin, blonde hair and rainbow goggles on her forhead... not my halo ODST skin... i thoughtfor a moment i got hacked so i logged out of ftb and opened normal vanilla minecraft. i booted it up and saw to my relief im still my halo skin...

So i deleted Feed the beast, and all files then redownloaded it... unfortunatly when i tried to log in this time again im back to being a female...

So my question is.. what mod in FTB or file in FTB alters my skin?

maskatchi

Jul 29, 2019
What does the skin look like? If it happens to look like this: http://i.imgur.com/8qn4U17.png then its simply because of the new updates to vanilla minecraft. Unfortunately, if changing you skin on the website doesn't work, you'll have to wait until mods update to 1.8 :(

Otherwise, if it does not look like that image, make sure to change your password to something far different, log out of all mc instances and try again. That's my only advice.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
What does the skin look like? If it happens to look like this: http://i.imgur.com/8qn4U17.png then its simply because of the new updates to vanilla minecraft. Unfortunately, if changing you skin on the website doesn't work, you'll have to wait until mods update to 1.8 :(

Otherwise, if it does not look like that image, make sure to change your password to something far different, log out of all mc instances and try again. That's my only advice.

As far as I know the skin you show in the pic only applies to 1.8 Prerelease, unless it's somehow replacing the default skin file... I'll have to log into Dw20 and see if I've changed as well and will edit this post if I've changed.

[Edit] Nope, my DW20 skin is the same ole' Steve... The new skin only shows up in my 1.8 Prerelease 2 game.

Last edited:

maskatchi

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know the skin you show in the pic only applies to 1.8 Prerelease, unless it's somehow replacing the default skin file... I'll have to log into Dw20 and see if I've changed as well and will edit this post if I've changed.

[Edit] Nope, my DW20 skin is the same ole' Steve... The new skin only shows up in my 1.8 Prerelease 2 game.

Well, not everyone has the girl skin, its random depending on your UUID (I believe that's what it's called) So you just may happen to have the steve skin, however I did have the female skin in the snapshot ( I could tell because I had the smaller arm ) But I'm going to login to ftb now which will confirm if it is just the 1.8 updates or something with his/her account.

EDIT: Nope, you were right, Hambeau it just happens to be something with his/her account. Hopefully changing their password and trying again will help :(

Last edited:
S

Shooter Black

So i logged onto FTB. and when i booted up my techworld 2 game to play i notice my skin changed. since my arm was not black and red like normal.. it was blue and tan.... so i hit F5 to my horror i see a female skin, blonde hair and rainbow goggles on her forhead... not my halo ODST skin... i thoughtfor a moment i got hacked so i logged out of ftb and opened normal vanilla minecraft. i booted it up and saw to my relief im still my halo skin...

So i deleted Feed the beast, and all files then redownloaded it... unfortunatly when i tried to log in this time again im back to being a female...

So my question is.. what mod in FTB or file in FTB alters my skin?

IKR It happened to me with curse not wth FTB With crazycraft (i use curse launcher for crazycraft). I was going to morph and then i saw my skin taht got hacked and i had bikini?my password is very rare idk why curse is doing this

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Shooter, your new but please don't resurrect old threads like this. Last time anyone posted on this thread was two years ago. As for skins, that is a 100% vanilla function and you should take up issues with them to Mojang. Curse/Twitch/FTB really don't have anything to do with it.