1. This section of the forums is now closed. You can post and answer support requests on the new support site here

FTB black screen on log in

Discussion in '[Archived] Tech Support' started by mocire, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mocire

mocire New Member

heya guys.
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, it all worked last night perfectly, today when I log in just a black screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Crash log last time was: http://pastebin.com/YGvt05pn

2. Meldiron

Meldiron New Member

Start the launcher, go to the options tab, click the "force update" button and try to launch the game again.

3. mocire

mocire New Member

did that still it's still a black screen, btw my system is a 32bit window7

4. Matthew Taylor

Matthew Taylor New Member

Try moving the max ram slider down, Thats all i did and it works every time

5. Meldiron

Meldiron New Member

Have you increased the max memory setting in the launcher past 1gb/1024mb?

6. Matthew Taylor

Matthew Taylor New Member

Just under it and works fine now

7. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

With 32 bit systems Java, you can't really increase the amount of ram you allocate. Sorry

8. mocire

mocire New Member

yeah guys thanks for info did as you suggested, still no joy. The thing is first time I downloaded the pack it worked fine a bit laggy but playable. Then I changed the memory allocated to counter the lagg and since then I can't play(black screen on log in)

9. Meldiron

Meldiron New Member

Change the max memory setting back to 1gb if you have increased it over 1gb

10. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

If you have 32 bit java you can't have more than 1 gb

11. mocire

mocire New Member

kk guys, still having trouble with FTB (black screen) my system is a 32 bit, windows7. I've changed the Ram allocated from 256MB to 512MB then 768MB, I can go to 1GB and 1.25gb and 1.5gb, but Ashzifcation has stated that I shouldn't go above 1GB, also when I do FTB just shuts down on log in. So on with my problem, this log is from 5 minutes ago when I last tried to log in, http://pastebin.com/CguByFTK. I have my Ram set at 512MB. Please help and thank you in advance!!

12. ScottWears

ScottWears New Member

Have you tried backing up your world and then deleting the folder ... after that re-download the launcher and try running it ?

13. mocire

mocire New Member

I started with a fresh download, I deleted my old minecraft folder, don't mind starting fresh. I just would like to start ....lol[DOUBLEPOST=1353511746][/DOUBLEPOST]ooh, ScottWears, I think I read your statement wrong, should I also delete the FTB Launcher

14. ScottWears

ScottWears New Member

Yes please delete the whole folder and make a new one

15. mocire

mocire New Member

kk I'm downloading it 'as we speak' to say, let you know if that works in five minutes

16. mocire

mocire New Member

Kk so after deleting and downloading the launcher again, set Ram to 768MB and press launch I get a black screen still. Here is the log http://pastebin.com/6z4MwPzh

17. mocire

mocire New Member

Btw I should also state that the FTB SSP map works fine it's the Mod pack for 1.4.2 that doesn't work

18. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

What do you mean, does not work with the 1.4.2? You don't have any mods?

19. mocire

mocire New Member

the beta pack A is 1.4.2 as far as I know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.