(FTB Beyond)mod combos for play throughs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
for my first base i just used whatever mod took my fancy for whatever i was doing. I plan to use single mods or mod combos for most my new bases going forward, on my save file. I was wondering what some interesting combos might be?

I plan to pretty strictly stick to whatever mods i choose when working on a base. I will likely be using jei, journeymap, and the one probe for all of them though. And of coarse vanilla.

I've settled on blood magic for my newest base(my brother recommended building a base for it actually). I thought it might be a good idea though to get a thread started to look for for inspiration when i start a new base, later.

edit:
I should likely clarify. I was playing on a server a while back. One of the other members recommended i start a new base instead of a new save. I just put all my current inventory/equipment in a chest. Then wander off into the world and find a new place to put a base. Starting completely over. Just on the same save.

edit: edited the title to try and clarify. while i will be doing this all on the same save i will be playing each base like a separate play through. leaving everything possible on the base where it was crafted.

Last edited:
K

kiwiCptn

Look at Reddit submissions by simonsays476, it is very close to what you are describing here.
In particular, he has a series of "headquarters lobby" that stick to one theme.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
i looked them up. and saw nothing similar to what i am requesting. it isn't a building themed after mods. it is something similar to a entire play through of a pack limited to a list of mods that seem to compliment each other.

basically the only things left between bases are the things tied to my character. such as when i found my personal lp progression from the previous base carried over. i am likely still getting gp from that network as well. since that mod isn't used in this base it should effect it though.

i don't even use equipment or gear i crafted in another base. whenever i feel like working on a different base i just switch to it. So i can go between bases freely. each one though works almost like a separate play through.
i added sonar core, and immersive engineering to the blood magic base. not certain about the sonar core one. i might take that out. i didn't stick to the mods at first. i was still deciding what to do. so there are still torches left over that one mod placed, and the sonar core stuff.

it is a extremely limited set of mods though. they seem to cover everything. i only really added immersive engineering to that base because i couldn't find the blood magic liquid tanks.

K

kiwiCptn

Ok, now I understand: A series of LPs, each limited to a physical base, each limited to one mod or a mod combo.
What about a "Botania, Aura Cascade, Translocators" combo? The theme being "lines of flying objects/ particles".

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
sounds right. except they all are on the same save file. using the same mod pack. which right now is ftb beyond.
i never could get into aura cascade. likely doing just a base with only it would fix that. so much easier to do what is known. if i chose to limit myself from using the things i know though i might actually learn to use the mods i use less of.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Since nobody actually suggested a trio to you, I'll try. You've selected Blood Magic, which I was going to suggest as well. You should allow yourself Blood Arsenal as well, since it's a BM add-on. From there, I vote RFTools and Immersive Engineering.

Immersive Engineering has good flavor and forces you to build around the mod, much the way the BM does for the magic side of things. It offers power generation and transport, mob preventing light sources, item transport, and other automation.

RFTools adds all the other bits and bobs to tie everything together. Including, but not limited to, item storage and management, mob spawning, Redstone clocks and gates, quarry options, and more.

The three together should cover all your basic needs. Sprinkle in a dose of Chisels&Bits and BiblioCraft and your base will look spectacular as well.

Reactions: DeathOfTime