Solved FTB Beyond failure to load

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SKG

Title FTB Beyond failure to load

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack Beyond

Modpack version 1.0.1

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/4d7ccf90

Details of the issue Loads either completely or nearly completely, then closes. AMD graphics card, up to date.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
You need to be allocating at least 4GB of RAM for our 1.10.x+ packs to work, the 2GB you are currently allocating is not enough.

S

SKG

My bad, I would have assumed it would set that up by itself.

V

Voqar

Derp. I built a new computer the other day and never set my memory usage and ran into this same problem. Sigh.

What would be nice is to know what the ideal amount of memory is for modpacks. I have 32G of fast RAM but have read that giving Java TOO much RAM can be suboptimal due to GC being less than stellar. So I allocated 8g for this modpack and after loading it's between 5-6g (which I don't think says much since it's likely staying within the cap and you don't know if it COULD use more).

PS - I created an account to post this and it is insanely annoying that you can't paste in your password. I use a password database that generates complex passwords that no human would ever want to frickin' type twice that is rendered useless by this. It should be the user's choice how they enter passwords.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
@Voqar :

First of all, create your own threads - don't take over others

About the ram:
1.7.10-packs - stay in range 2,5-4gb
1.10.2-packs - 4-6gb

There is no need to allocate too much, start low and give more if you encounter issues when playing (if memory isn't the issue, then reduce back and try and find the real issue instead - so you don't end up with too much allocated and getting lag spikes).

PS - I created an account to post this and it is insanely annoying that you can't paste in your password. I use a password database that generates complex passwords that no human would ever want to frickin' type twice that is rendered useless by this. It should be the user's choice how they enter passwords.

I also use a password manager and this works for me, checked with 2 different one in 3 different browsers, even tried it on my mac - can't reproduce your issue of not beeing able to paste password - this must be a issue at your end.

V

Voqar

I had the same issue and same fix so I don't see it as hijacking, rather being efficient. I'd imagine the forum police would also complain if a duplicate thread was started about the same issue. It took me a while searching via google to figure out why my game was launching super slow then freezing til I found this thread.

Thanks for the info on memory. That's another thing I've searched quite a bit on but seem to mostly find threads that are a few years old.

I'm able to paste password when logging in - but could not paste when creating account. Different forms. Did you really create multiple new accounts on different browsers and machines to test that? That's pretty hardcore, you should do QA. Chrome on Win10 for me and have no issues pasting in any other site and have reset passwords on several other sites in the last week.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I don't see it as hijacking, rather being efficient. I'd imagine the forum police would also complain

This part of the forum is for support and everyone with a issue starts their own thread and fills out a form, so yes, this is hijacking - and no, creating a post about same issue is not a problem.

Did you really create multiple new accounts on different browsers and machines to test that?
No I didn't try with a new account - that part wasn't so clear in your description, but I did try the login part.
Did try on 3 browsers now and 1 password manager - didn't create the test accounts, but the field for password is available before creation so that should be enough - and yes, it still works for me with the paste.

That's pretty hardcore, you should do QA.
I'm not sure if you're trying to be smug or if this is sincere. If not sincere, drop the attitude.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It's easier on everyone to create another thread even if it appears to be the same issue. Log files aren't identical and one fix may not work for everyone.

Thread locked.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
Status
Not open for further replies.