FTB 1.2.5 Pyramid Challenge - Insanity

benkc

Jul 29, 2019
A couple questions:

1) Is it possible to get Blaze Rods in insanity? Is there a hidden recipe similar to the glowstone? (For that matter, is there any way to tell NEI to display hidden recipes?)
At this point I've got quite a bit of EMC generation through redpower, but it's starting to lag me. I figure I could flip those off, replace them with a blaze macerator, and call it equivalent.

2) How does one get the necessary reeds/paper/books? Does that require IC2 crop crossbreeding?

benkc

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out that one way to get reeds is UU-matter. (In 1.2.5 all the UUM recipes are secret, unlike 1.4.x where only a few are.) Items of power complete, and finally I can get blutricity!

Still curious about the blaze rods, though.

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
For blaze rods, go into the Nether with a philosopher's stone and a stack of glowstone dust. Aim at any spawned mob and spam the r button until the mob turns into a blaze. Kill it and collect the rod. Add it to your transmutation table and go nuts.

The same principle applies to ghasts and their tears, though they might spawn on their own in the Nether anyway.

benkc

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! Took about 50 tries, but it eventually worked! Got some Ghast Tears and Magma Creams in the process, too.