Solved Friends can't join server

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOnlyMohammed

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

So recently I've been trying to get a FTB server running so that me and a friend can get on to play. but the problem is that my friend can't join the server. when he tries it gives him an error that says something along the lines of "Cannot connect to server: The ip is invalid on local machine or the ip is invalid on remote machine".

NOTES: I run a normal vanilla minecraft server and that works great. so the port-forwarding and the ip is correct but something about FTB just doesnt work.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

TheOnlyMohammed

Jul 29, 2019
I tried that but that didnt work either.
Heres a picture of what my friend sees when he trys to join:

ftb Error.png

maxpowa

Jul 29, 2019
You can connect to the server properly, correct? And he can connect to other servers correctly?

TheOnlyMohammed

Jul 29, 2019
yes i can join the server and no my friend cant join any server, even ones from the ftbservers.com list. We have checked his firewall and java is allowed in-bound and out-bound connections.

maxpowa

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, get him to try the following.

-Press and hold the windows key, then press the R key, then release (i.e. press Win + R). This causes the Run dialog to appear (bottom left).
-Copy and paste the following command into the Run dialog:
setx _JAVA_OPTIONS -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
- Press OK. You may see a black screen appear and disappear very quickly.

Try again

Austinminiman

Jul 29, 2019
i have a similar problem but i get a slightly different error message. i have tried all of the above but none of them have worked. i have connected to my friends server many times before but it just wont work any more :(

Untitled.png

ZorbA

Mar 28, 2020
I have the same problem as above and I already did everything I can’t solve. Can someone help me

Status
Not open for further replies.