Friendermen (they deleted my world)

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Friendermen (BetterStorage) are interesting creatures. They look like endermen wearing some sort of enderpack on their back, and do not aggro if you look at them (hence the "friend").
Backpacks are also from BetterStorage, but you can't craft the kind that they are wearing. They also do not drop their backpack if you kill them.

So how do you get it? Well, you place an Ender Chest and they will pick it up, like other blocks, and when they do, they drop their backpack on the ground.

That said, there's an interesting quirk - with EnderStorage installed, Ender Chests are not placeable (but you can craft them for some reason), so their packs are not obtainable, so that's the end of the road for Friendermen - they just look interesting.

Curious, I went into the EnderStorage config and made Ender Chests placeable. Put one down, opened it up briefly out of curiosity, and everything seemed fine. Then I had the Friendermen go and pick it up, and it worked and dropped its pack.

So I picked up the pack (shift+break), and tried it out (B), and the game crashed. Not surprised - guess that's why EnderChests aren't placeable. Not a big deal, I fugred. Just start back up and remove the enderpack. Except when I booted FTB back up and... my world was not listed. I got an error message, so I might be able to debug it and fix it.
So yeah, guess from now on I'm gonna kill every frienderman I find.