Frame borehead catching water

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ilja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm constructing a small borehead quarry as an addition to a frame airship I have. It works with a deployer and a block breaker for constructing/removing the frame shaft/arm of the thing and block breakers to cut through the ground. The shaft is a single block wide, while the borehead itself is 3x3 wide.

The issue is that the deployed frames don't have any covers on them like the borehead. This means water occasionally gets stuck to the frames - why frames can move water sources at all I have no idea of. In any case, when I'm later retracting the borehead the water gets stuck and I have to bucket it up manually.

So my question basically is: does anyone know a way to solve this?

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
is there an (easy) way to attach RP2 pumps around the deployers, to shunt the water off someplace?

ilja

Jul 29, 2019
is there an (easy) way to attach RP2 pumps around the deployers, to shunt the water off someplace?
It wouldn't be impossible, but as it's on a ship it's quite cramped. It'd probably be easier to set up bucket deployers at the top of the shaft, but still kinda obnoxious.

Try putting xycraft liquid void blocks on the frame head.
Oh, sorry, thanks for the tip but I've disabled xycraft as it makes every cave look like a disco and I'm not much into "magicky" stuff :/ Thanks anyway.

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
It wouldn't be impossible, but as it's on a ship it's quite cramped. It'd probably be easier to set up bucket deployers at the top of the shaft, but still kinda obnoxious.

Oh, sorry, thanks for the tip but I've disabled xycraft as it makes every cave look like a disco and I'm not much into "magicky" stuff :/ Thanks anyway.

Don't worry, Alot of people used to do that when XYcraft had little more then worldgen... Now though? Now theres enough neat things to keep it in. Not the least of which is Xysoil. Theres also Xyice. Which you can use with Thermopiles and water to keep the water as ice, Netting you more RP2 energy per pile.