FPS Drops

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
FPS Drops
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Blast Off
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Hey,

its getting worse and worse. I having so many frame drops, or you could say my frames stay down low all the time. I playing with a friend Blast Off. Started off with normal frames around 80 but now i am between 10 and 30 most of the time. Tried to install the Optifine Ultra.and turned everything to fast. This fixed the problem that it now jumps around 20-40 most of the time and only sometimes goes to 10. I thought it might be because the flexbeared steam stuff that i have set up. But my friend seems to have no problems :/

I have an i7-3770 @ 4.40GHz 8GB Ram 64 Bit
I have set the FTB launcher to take 6GB of the RAM

Hope someone can help,
Jet

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
The problem is probably with how much ram you gave to ftb, try to give it 4 at most

storay

Jul 29, 2019
I have set the FTB launcher to take 6GB of the RAM

Actually, most fps drops I've seen, are caused by allocating too much ram OR setting unlimited fps is also bad.
If you are allocating 6gb to minecraft, the rest of your PC is left with 2gb!

Try to allocate 3gb of ram and setting your max FPS to 120-140 and/or use v-sync.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
Thx for the help allready, i managed to get up around 40 Frames. And i jumps around 40-60 now. My Taskmanager shows my RAM at a steady 5.5GB right now.

If i can get it to steady 60 i would be awesome but i only get that and more while standing around and starring at the sky ^^ I get over 80 there, ones i move though and mostly around my steam machines it dropes and jumps around the 40-60 FPS right now