Foundry a great New Smelting mod

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
The mod actually looks a bit interesting - it's for sure a great alternative for someone wanting the smelting ores feature of TC, but without all the other (awesome) baggage it brings with it. :D

Great thread, Derpy - but a little tip, try to pay a little more attention to capitalization and grammar - a little typo here and there is fine, but still, watchout for those - that'll really make your posts look a lot better, I'm sure. :p

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
As someone who does foundry and forgery, I wish this mod was a little more... hands on...

It doesn't really fit to have all these GUIs and stuff, because most of foundry/forgery is hands on stuff that you have to actually be good at doing.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
As someone who does foundry and forgery, I wish this mod was a little more... hands on...

It doesn't really fit to have all these GUIs and stuff, because most of foundry/forgery is hands on stuff that you have to actually be good at doing.
You can't really say GUIs are bad for this. Look at TFC.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I can. I did this today, it just doesn't fit what it is trying to be at all. I'm sure it's a well-made mod, but it could really use less GUIs.
I'm not saying specifically for this mod, just the idea in general. TFC actually has a wonderful forging system, even though it uses a lot of GUIs. This mod, however, yeah, the GUIs don't really fit.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
I steel prefer TC smeltry because of the lack of guis.
I see what you did there ;)
In all seriousness, this looks pretty cool, have it my 1.7 test pack and it could be really cool but I still like how the TiC smeltery works and such. I just wish that TiC didn't have so much random stuff in it :p

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Actually its a good mod. The possibility to get gears whitout iron directly from the material itself is a really good feature. And the fact that its can be powered with rf is a really good thing.
But, if tic could create gears i wold drop it.

Dropped it, its registers its liquid under liquidmetal_name. Completly drops the support from fluid registry with it, because the more popular TiC registers his as metal_name.molten.

I don't want two incompatible liquid metal. Because of it, i can say that its a bad mod.

Last edited: