Forum Update

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
But giving up means the Spambots win...NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!

As a rough guide as to the spam rate- Just cleaned up 15 spam posts from a period of 3 hours. Maths tells us that's 5 Spambots an hour
I just visited the FTB support site and i saw the newest post there is a spam post. NOOOOO! They have gotten to the support site. Pretty soon they will attack the wiki but Satan will fight back!

(@SatanicSanta ping ping, dont let your guard down)

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I just visited the FTB support site and i saw the newest post there is a spam post. NOOOOO! They have gotten to the support site. Pretty soon they will attack the wiki but Satan will fight back!

(@SatanicSanta ping ping, dont let your guard down)
They do occasionally get the wiki. Thing is, not even real people can get past our CAPTCHA system :p

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to make it so that new users cannot create new threads? A 5- or 10-post limit before thread making is allowed would severely dent the ludicrous amount of spam that's troubling the forums.

Legit new users only ever post silly threads anyway, most of which would be covered easily by the SQSA thread. Such a measure would be slightly inconvenient for those who don't know better (well, too bad), but it would nearly cripple the spambots.

Reactions: lucariomaster2