Forum update 7/11/13

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Captain, this is looking great. I love where the default theme has gone and the dark theme is looking amazing as well. I'm kinda torn actually on which one to use. I love the new red you added to the default theme but love the dark theme for the eye comfort. Great work!

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
RE: the dark theme, I also agree that the dark gray and lighter gray in the background ought to be swapped. I'd also prefer the top bar to be a darker color--perhaps Tardis blue instead of the current bright gray? (Actually, Tardis blue ANYWHERE on the theme would increase awesomeness by a factor of Ten at least. :p )

The backgrounds on the buttons in the text editor could do with some toning down as well, matching them to the light gray currently used on the border of the avatar field would help tremendously.

Reactions: Nerixel

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
http://puu.sh/5jL6L/efe315ed94.png
Following popup text isn't formatted correctly (that's Slowpoke's profile page as an example).
Dark theme, Chrome version 31.0.1650.57 m (latest version as of this post), Windows 7 64-bit. I doubt any of this is relevant since as far as I can tell, it's a css issue, but who am I to deny The Almighty OP? :p

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think my feedback is getting anywhere, so this may probably be my last post here unless something new happens. I feel like I'm the only one with this opinion. To put it crudely this theme is an annoyance. The dark theme especially. So much an annoyance that I don't really want to use these forums without a "proper" theme, like what we have on the wiki. I'd really like to get the old aurora theme back if possible.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think my feedback is getting anywhere, so this may probably be my last post here unless something new happens. I feel like I'm the only one with this opinion. To put it crudely this theme is an annoyance. The dark theme especially. So much an annoyance that I don't really want to use these forums without a "proper" theme, like what we have on the wiki. I'd really like to get the old aurora theme back if possible.
The wiki skin was updated a few days ago and will be updated again with the new colors probably today, are you sure it's the "theme" that you're talking about?

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
The wiki skin was updated a few days ago and will be updated again with the new colors probably today, are you sure it's the "theme" that you're talking about?
I'm talking about the theme we had here a little more than a week ago. Before this thread existed. It was called Aurora.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm talking about the theme we had here a little more than a week ago. Before this thread existed. It was called Aurora.
Ah. We still have the old skin on the wiki. ;)

5jPNr.png

it does this when you navigate to /account/

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
it does this when you navigate to /account/
Did that before too, just wasn't as noticeable as Aurora (the previous theme) uses a less obvious navbar tab highlight class.

It's a cost of having the user/inbox navbar in its own container like we have it (XenForo default has it all as one, long bar).

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
After the changes to the theme recently, adding the dark background back again and tweaking some colours, pretty much everyone seemed happy with the new one. At the moment, not that much is different, just red instead of orange and more of a "metro" look, which is in line with the modern standards of what people think looks good, as well as professional.

Edit: Also, the bolded name of a thread when viewing the thread list of a subforum is a little too subtle to see sometimes.

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Forum is looking really good. Thanks to all those that worked on the changes, and those that provided constructive feedback.

The only thing that I think is a problem is that it isn't easy to tell the difference between threads that have new posts and threads that don't. The bold doesn't stand out as well as it used to before the big change.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Forum is looking really good. Thanks to all those that worked on the changes, and those that provided constructive feedback.

The only thing that I think is a problem is that it isn't easy to tell the difference between threads that have new posts and threads that don't. The bold doesn't stand out as well as it used to before the big change.
What about the blue dot?
5oZii.png