Forum update 7/11/13

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
You did it again. You made the whole damn page white again. You people spend all day on this site, how the hell can you stand staring at the screen like this?

You guys did this before, changed it to all white for everyone, Did you not learn from that time we don't want white?

I mean, Learn from your mistakes, don't keep repeating them.

Sorry bro, but I have to agree with Ashzification, The main body is light grey, with dark grey borders and red accents

We had white when they originally changed it, and now it's gone

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so it's not perfectly white. It's still ghastly bright.

I would also ask you to look though the thread and see how many people are saying to let them know when they can change it, because they aren't going to check until it's fixed.

My own main personal issue with having this bright page, is i'm light sensitive. I realize this isn't something most people have to deal with, but i can't stand looking at the screen for more then a few seconds before tearing up.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019

I would also ask you to look though the thread and see how many people are saying to let them know when they can change it, because they aren't going to check until it's fixed.

My own main personal issue with having this bright page, is i'm light sensitive. I realize this isn't something most people have to deal with, but i can't stand looking at the screen for more then a few seconds before tearing up.
Yeah, we were complaining when it was all 00000 totally white. Not about this.
You have a different complaint than the rest of us.

Edit: you're asking for the dark scene, that he's working on.

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, we were complaining when it was all 00000 totally white. Not about this.
You have a different complaint than the rest of us.

Edit: you're asking for the dark scene, that he's working on.

I would beg of the people in question to wait untill they have both themes before doing things...

My eyes and others will thank you.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

Mid Page 6 is where they changed from pure white to grey.
We understand what's happening to you, because it happened to us all originally, man it was bright

But kudos to our FTB team for listening to feedback

Perhaps you could do what a few of the other people with light sensitivity due to migranes were doing: Have a black background on your computer, and downsize the window so that for the most part your computer screen is dark

Else, inverting the colours on your browser is another option

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I would beg of the people in question to wait untill they have both themes before doing things...

My eyes and others will thank you.
Since you already asked Nana to read the thread before making changes, please read the thread for requests prior to making assumptions about the requests.

Many of us have issues with sight and bright colors. Those of us who have already posted agree that the current is much better than the former.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
popping back in again, the changes are amazing.
thanks.

a little nitpick:
I still wish the quote boxes were a different shade of red, but I can live with the current.

Reactions: ZeSapper

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say, the new icon for watched topics is both convenient and hilarious. xD

I do wish there was a sort of "pseudo-watched" category, or at least a way to (privately) mark favorite threads without actually following/watching them. I tend to use my watchlist for moderation stuff, but at the same time there are topics I'd like to be able to bookmark for later reference without using actual browser bookmarks (since I have so many already that new ones tend to get lost). For now I keep them on my watchlist, but I have no idea how many topics the software can support my watching at once, and I'm not exactly interested in seeing EVERY time someone posts in them (i.e. threads dedicated to new mods, maps, or texture packs I'm interested in, or certain threads containing useful guides or advice for some in-game builds/mechanics).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! I just wanted to say, as one of the original whiners in your original thread, this theme looks 100x better now with the grey background and darker reds.
Thanks for your efforts! I will name my 3rd born after your cat.

and all it took was some patience and positive feedback