Forum update 7/11/13

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
This was requested to be removed by either @Ashzification or @Lawbroken I dont exactly remember which so you would need to take that up with them

Also: more changes tomorrow I think

I think you may have gotten things mixed up here. I made a comment about when i first came to Slow and you about the new tech support system being added and said that i wanted most things on the forums (referring to the 3rd party websites being removed) I didn't request the IRC link to be removed and I'm normally in that channel moderating/helping/talking to people with questions.

Also Slowpoke made the comment about it being official/unofficial due to reasons said in that conversation.

Short:Long
IRC needs to be put back, 3rd party websites removed, Forums needs new tech support system added in, IRC tech support plans spoken to slow.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
I think you may have gotten things mixed up here. I made a comment about when i first came to Slow and you about the new tech support system being added and said that i wanted most things on the forums (referring to the 3rd party websites being removed) I didn't request the IRC link to be removed and I'm normally in that channel moderating/helping/talking to people with questions.

Also Slowpoke made the comment about it being official/unofficial due to reasons said in that conversation.

Short:Long
IRC needs to be put back, 3rd party websites removed, Forums needs new tech support system added in, IRC tech support plans spoken to slow.
Ah ok then, added it back in that case then. Oh by the way I have to speak to you about this new tech support thingy after I've finished the dark theme because I don't remember the exact structure and I lost the google doc somehow

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ok then, added it back in that case then. Oh by the way I have to speak to you about this new tech support thingy after I've finished the dark theme because I don't remember the exact structure and I lost the google doc somehow

Let me know when, In the mean time I will talk to Ash about starting the layout of everything else that comes after that.

Is there a way to review moderation que items rather then looking through the code and such? We used to be able to on the last update.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Let me know when, In the mean time I will talk to Ash about starting the layout of everything else that comes after that.

Is there a way to review moderation que items rather then looking through the code and such? We used to be able to on the last update.
Yeh I'll add it back sometime, it's in the list of stuff to do

Reactions: Lawbroken

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
something changed
im not sure what it is but on the main forum page something changed.

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
The current look is much more readable. My eyes greatly appreciate the black borders and gray/black boxes around the avatars.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm OK with this. I'd still like to see some more variations (the upcoming dark version, Return of the Orange, and green and blue palette-swaps of the light theme would be nice as well), but it's definitely liveable. ;)

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm OK with this. I'd still like to see some more variations (the upcoming dark version, Return of the Orange, and green and blue palette-swaps of the light theme would be nice as well), but it's definitely liveable. ;)
Don't forget green and blue swaps for the dark theme too :p

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Just refreshed the homepage and the icons for read/unread sub-forums and such changed to the circles. I love it, simplistic yet gets the point across elegantly.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Photo%20Nov%2011%2C%2019%2010%2041.png

This is wrong. :p

On another note, need you to update some wiki stuff.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Would just like to thank Captainnana for all the work being put into the new layout. It's come a long way since it's original implementation. Great work and looking forward to the dark theme!

Reactions: Brilliance

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
The wiki skin's getting updated soon too! We're also adding various extensions that will make the wiki more accessible to international users and some others that will improve user and editor experience. We'll also be preparing a few team members, watch the forum for updates.

I'll try to preserve the element structure of the forum so that user stylesheets should also work on the wiki.

The old skin will not be removed, you will still be able to switch back to the old wiki skin (styled after the old forum theme).

Sneak peek:
5fiun.png

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
You did it again. You made the whole damn page white again. You people spend all day on this site, how the hell can you stand staring at the screen like this?

You guys did this before, changed it to all white for everyone, Did you not learn from that time we don't want white?

I mean, Learn from your mistakes, don't keep repeating them.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
You did it again. You made the whole damn page white again. You people spend all day on this site, how the hell can you stand staring at the screen like this?

You guys did this before, changed it to all white for everyone, Did you not learn from that time we don't want white?

Tell that to google or Wikipedia. Report back when their default skin changes.

"we don't want white? " [citation needed]

Last edited:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019

IDK what you're talking about, it's not all white for me. It's got the grey boarder and accents here, and I literally just got home and opened the forums.

Reactions: SatanicSanta