Forum update 7/11/13

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly do you mean here, are you talking about the quote areas if you can't explain then take a screenshot so I can tell which part you are talking about.

Ok, can you see the difference in the white in these two pages? (insert failed upload link here)

Crap, I can't upload to imgur from here. Basically, place a page with your previous screen shot overlaid with this page. The background here is greyer. If it was white, as in #FFFFFF, that would help.(previous screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/6sw7yDm.png )

I also find it funny that people are asking for exact opposites, some people say there is too much red, others say there is not enough :3
It all depends on what people want. The difference between the "Post Reply" button and the quoting area (like where it says "Jerx99 said:") is huge. After changing to a white background, I think the background in the "Post Reply" button might be better, but you'll have to check it with white.

Basically we had a discussion during the development of the new website (not this one, the www site), I had kept the orange color scheme we had there, slowpoke said that he didn't like the orange and would like to change the color scheme for everything. The launcher, website, forums, this is the color that was selected
Yay, selection by committee!

Additionally, looks like the old page borders on the left and right were 1/12 of the page. Now it's like 1/20. Looks like minecraftforum.net is about 10%. Maybe try 1/12 or 1/10 BLACK borders on the page.

Last edited:

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
2 things that I request to be fixed/changed.

(due to me being half blind) the padding on the page you are on in first nav bar gets a 1px space (Jinbobo and I tested this and it only happens on some zoom levels for myself it was 150/175 but then went away at 200 however it only showed for Jinbobo at 175 (both using chrome)

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.selected .navLink {
padding-top: 6px;
}

2nd thing is the 5px top border that is on the popup window of the members is ugly :p Yes I'm somewhat OCD about some things.

Code:
.Menu {
border-top: 1px solid #313131;
}

Reactions: Jinbobo

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, can you see the difference in the white in these two pages? (insert failed upload link here)

Crap, I can't upload to imgur from here. Basically, place a page with your previous screen shot overlaid with this page. The background here is greyer. If it was white, as in #FFFFFF, that would help.(previous screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/6sw7yDm.png )

It all depends on what people want. The difference between the "Post Reply" button and the quoting area (like where it says "Jerx99 said:") is huge. After changing to a white background, I think the background in the "Post Reply" button might be better, but you'll have to check it with white.

Yay, selection by committee!

Additionally, looks like the old page borders on the left and right were 1/12 of the page. Now it's like 1/20. Looks like minecraftforum.net is about 10%. Maybe try 1/12 or 1/10 BLACK borders on the page.
The content area used to be #FFF but everyone said it was too bright and that we should change to the color it is now.
I think that it might be a good idea to make the quote header the same color, I'll have a look.

The borders were not based on your screen size before, they are now based off your screen size which I think is quite a lot of the reason people think it's to bright, I might make the content area a bit thinner

2 things that I request to be fixed/changed.

(due to me being half blind) the padding on the page you are on in first nav bar gets a 1px space (Jinbobo and I tested this and it only happens on some zoom levels for myself it was 150/175 but then went away at 200 however it only showed for Jinbobo at 175 (both using chrome)

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.selected .navLink {
padding-top: 6px;
}

2nd thing is the 5px top border that is on the popup window of the members is ugly :p Yes I'm somewhat OCD about some things.

Code:
.Menu {
border-top: 1px solid #313131;
}
Can't check what that actually does right now, just going out but I need to style the code things it seems :3

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest this to fix the line between the navbars (only visible at 150%~175% zoom level on chrome):
Code:
.navTabs{ height: 36px; }
.navTabs .navTab.selected .navLink { padding-top: 6px; }
.Menu{ margin-top: 0.5px; }

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
The content area used to be #FFF but everyone said it was too bright and that we should change to the color it is now.
I think that it might be a good idea to make the quote header the same color, I'll have a look.

The borders were not based on your screen size before, they are now based off your screen size which I think is quite a lot of the reason people think it's to bright, I might make the content area a bit thinner

Can't check what that actually does right now, just going out but I need to style the code things it seems :3

My code was a temp fix and could be seen on 100% however Jinbobo said that he couldn't see a difference between his zoomed levels with his code (Take his if anything)

To so you want I mean here is an image
http://i.imgur.com/dehozhN.png

Orange = 5px top border (that's annoying)
Black - The 1px line that goes through in between both nav bars (my fix only make it so padding covered over that part of line I could see)

Edit : No preview thread in moderation que for server section posts.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
So..... how about we call this one done (horrible) and just start working on a dark one so people with eye conditions can look at the forums for more than 2 minutes without getting a migraine or going blind.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
really all they have to do is scrap the white and make it a light grey (I.E whats in the circle)
5cv1J.png

also the post above mine, text should cut and go to the next line at "look at" not go to the edge of the screen

and then from there make a dark theme this one is to bright. not all of us are desk jockeys, some of us are in factorys under bright lights wearing safety goggles all day, our eyes are messed up.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
I think I have to agree with most users so far...it's very bight indeed. Perhaps it would be best to provide a white and a black theme for us to choose from. This way those users who prefer a bright theme can choose this one while others can choose a darker one.

Personally, I'd log to see my preferred choice of colours...black background with bright-ish green letters. Easy on the eyes while extremely readable...but I suppose I'm the only one who likes that lol

Cheers,
Bel*.

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest borders about twice their current size.[DOUBLEPOST=1383948126][/DOUBLEPOST]And borders infinity times their current size on the mobile version.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest borders about twice their current size.[DOUBLEPOST=1383948126][/DOUBLEPOST]And borders infinity times their current size on the mobile version.
So, you don't want it to change :p
Anything x0 still = 0 :p

I'm ok with the changes since yesterday. Good job nana.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I like this much better than it was when I last commented

Just a bit of a critique for this latest iteration though, I noticed the word forum in the big FTBforum button on the top almost fades into the background.
This may just be me, because I have a problem with my vision blending very similar things together. If nobody else can see that effect, then feel free to disregard this critique.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of the big FTB Forum button, I have one recommendation: switching it back to when you could click it and it takes you to the forum and not the news page. The news page is rarely updated, and can be found via the forum, and the launcher.