Forum Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
It's called being maxed :p upgrade soon.
[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||100.0%]

-----------------------------

1 [ 0.0%] 5 [ 0.0%]
2 [ 0.0%] 6 [ 0.0%]
3 [|| 2.0%] 7 [ 0.0%]
4 [ 0.0%] 8 [ 0.0%]
:D That's a good thing. Imagine when the new mod packs come out in the future :X

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting to think that maybe there should be a section for people looking for help/ideas with a mod, and also a section dedicated to mod/modpack bugs.

Still hoping to get the tech support section back :)

Reactions: Jorcer

Jorcer

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting to think that maybe there should be a section for people looking for help/ideas with a mod, and also a section dedicated to mod/modpack bugs.

Still hoping to get the tech support section back :)
A modding section with tutorials and people willing to help with the development/ideas for a mod would be a great idea. I also second the revival of the support section. The current set up just feels so clunky when either helping or looking for help.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
A modding section with tutorials and people willing to help with the development/ideas for a mod would be a great idea. I also second the revival of the support section. The current set up just feels so clunky when either helping or looking for help.
I feel as though there is just too much spam posts on the support site.

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see the prefixes from the Server Tech Support (Problem/Solved) in the Mod Pack Bugs section. It would be nice to see from the topic name which threads have been solved and which still need help. Though I'm unsure if the topic maker would have to set this or not. Maybe have a forum mod dedicated to setting solved threads as solved?

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see the prefixes from the Server Tech Support (Problem/Solved) in the Mod Pack Bugs section. It would be nice to see from the topic name which threads have been solved and which still need help. Though I'm unsure if the topic maker would have to set this or not. Maybe have a forum mod dedicated to setting solved threads as solved?

Since that part of the forums is mine/Damnedsky's. I can't talk for him but i will be fine doing this. Even Tech support could do with these prefixes since i still do move some there from mod pack bug sections.

;)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Really need modpack tags in modpack bugs.
Really need a log in requirement on the support site. I can do without syncing the forums for now.

Reactions: Meldiron

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Would like to add to the last one there:
Really need more moderating on the support site to avoid duplicates and unhelpfull pages making the site really hard to search trough.

Reactions: Ashzification

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
And, really need to have post requirements. Like make people use the body of the post, not just the title...

Edit: Also, has the picture upload feature been worked with yet? I've been trying all day to change my avatar back to pre hat and nothing works. (By nothing works I mean, deleting old avatar, deleting old avatars on gravatar, and clearing browser cache)

Reactions: Rikki21

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I think we need a nice big sticky in the Tech Support section telling people not to post there for server tech support....

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I think we need a nice big sticky in the Tech Support section telling people not to post there for server tech support....

A lot of people don't even read sticky posts. They see tech tech support and auto think that is the only one.

Idea would be make both Tech support and Server Tech support point to a page that has both titles on it and then content.

Example.

Tech Support
-- Tech Support​
-- Server Tech Support​
-- Content each one is selected.​

Server Tech Support
-- Tech Support​
-- Server Tech Support​
-- Content from one is selected.​

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Why not in that case just have one section "Technical Help" or some such thing then move both boards to this so you have:-

Technical Help
--Tech Support (Though I'd also consider renaming it in this case to something like "Launcher Support" or "Client Support")
--Server Support

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of people don't even read sticky posts. They see tech tech support and auto think that is the only one.

Idea would be make both Tech support and Server Tech support point to a page that has both titles on it and then content.

Example.

Tech Support
-- Tech Support​
-- Server Tech Support​
-- Content each one is selected.​

Server Tech Support
-- Tech Support​
-- Server Tech Support​
-- Content from one is selected.​
Well, then by that idea, people must not read rules either (I know this to be true in many cases) as this is already in the rules: 3. Post topics in the appropriate forums.

I really like Belone's suggestion.

SaintNicster

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that I've noticed with the Tapatalk integration (which I love, BTW), is that the forum appears to actually be labeled "Fraser Stockley". I believe this is a setting in the account itself, but I could be wrong.

Because of this, you can't just search for "feed the beast" to find the server. It will, though, show up if you search just "feed" (screenshot as an example)

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that I've noticed with the Tapatalk integration (which I love, BTW), is that the forum appears to actually be labeled "Fraser Stockley". I believe this is a setting in the account itself, but I could be wrong.

Because of this, you can't just search for "feed the beast" to find the server. It will, though, show up if you search just "feed" (screenshot as an example)
oops apologies for that, i'll try and fix it now

EDIT: fixed, during signup for their site just after the email they ask for full name, turns out that is the full name of the site!

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Now this may be completely impossible, but is there anyway to have a default template when creating a forum post in a specific board? My thought was that if you have the bug report template as already prepopulated when creating a new thread in Tech Support, then people are more likely to follow this template, as it would actually take effort to not use it.

Again no idea if possible, but just a thought.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Now this may be completely impossible, but is there anyway to have a default template when creating a forum post in a specific board? My thought was that if you have the bug report template as already prepopulated when creating a new thread in Tech Support, then people are more likely to follow this template, as it would actually take effort to not use it.

Again no idea if possible, but just a thought.
It's completely possible, Technic uses the same forum website and has a format. Downside, it doesn't force you to write something in each field (which is drastically needed)

Jorcer

Jul 29, 2019
It's completely possible, Technic uses the same forum website and has a format. Downside, it doesn't force you to write something in each field (which is drastically needed)
It does actually force you to write something (except for in the required fields) but it still can't force you to write the correct info in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.