Forum Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintNicster

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to throw my hat in the "would really appreciate Tapatalk support on these forums" bucket.:)

The server-side plugin is indeed free to use, as long as the website is registered with Tapatalk.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe adding a temporary section for Mod errors/help while the wiki(s) is being put together? It's not really tech support, so it doesn't really fit there.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Having a reporting format in the Tech support section (similar to what Technic Pack has).
On that note, I don't think I am alone in thinking we should allow people to continue to post in the Tech support section.
I, myself don't like the support website. It's too impersonal. And I feel like I need to send people back here to figure out what is needed in a post.
And, (to staff) notice you're just moving posts to tech support? Wouldn't it be easier to just let people post there ;)

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to have an option to mark a thread "read" without actually reading it. Or a way to customize which forums appear in my "What's New" listing, which I use constantly.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to have an option to mark a thread "read" without actually reading it. Or a way to customize which forums appear in my "What's New" listing, which I use constantly.
You can mark entire subsections of the forums Read, but I think you have to open threads to mark them as read.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019

There is a button like that. Look at the right, top corner of the forum under the FTB logo and under the "Forum" button
Or use this link :D

If that is what your are looking for at least /P

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
There is a button like that. Look at the right, top corner of the forum under the FTB logo and under the "Forum" button
Or use this link :D
=ninja=

To get my point/suggestion across:
Having a reporting format in the Tech support section (similar to what Technic Pack has).
On that note, I don't think I am alone in thinking we should allow people to continue to post in the Tech support section.
I, myself don't like the support website. It's too impersonal. And I feel like I need to send people back here to figure out what is needed in a post.
And, (to staff) notice you're just moving posts to tech support? Wouldn't it be easier to just let people post there ;)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I saw that but I'm scared it'll mark every single post read. What does it actually do?
Inside the subsection, you can mark all threads read in that subsection. Looking at the forum list, it marks everything read.

Which is not necessarily bad, since your picture is almost like a subscript on the pictures of the original posters on threads where you've posted. And you can "watch" threads also.

Reactions: MrZwij

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
It will mark the threads read in the section you are in. If you press the button while you are in the Tech help it will only make all posts in that section as read.

Inside the subsection, you can mark all threads read in that subsection. Looking at the forum list, it marks everything read.

Which is not necessarily bad, since your picture is almost like a subscript on the pictures of the original posters on threads where you've posted. And you can "watch" threads also.
Dammit again ninja ! :p I am gone force Rob to make a ninja rank for you ! :p

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
It will mark the threads read in the section you are in. If you press the button while you are in the Tech help it will only make all posts in that section as read.

Dammit again ninja ! :p I am gone force Rob to make a ninja rank for you ! :p
I'm unemployed. I have nothing better to do while looking for a job. Thus, I've gotten good at foruming ;)

And again to make sure my suggestion isn't lost :p

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019

I kinde agree on that part. I am not a great fan of the support site, but thats not in my hands at the end :(. I already suggested prefix tags for tech support posts a long time ago but it seems there is a lot of stuff getting done so things like this need to wait a little

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I kinde agree on that part. I am not a great fan of the support site, but thats not in my hands at the end :(. I already suggested prefix tags for tech support posts a long time ago but it seems there is a lot of stuff getting done so things like this need to wait a little
Which is why I am continuing to help people here. To me, the new site is more "industrial office building" than "Information center"

Reactions: Vauthil

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Which is why I am continuing to help people here. To me, the new site is more "industrial office building" than "Information center"

The awfull thing is that the stupid hardware firewall on my job block's the Support website due to spyware and phishing xD !!

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
I do but, i hate dooing that on my phone, and since i work very close to X-ray machines, it makes me lose all my reception here.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
The awfull thing is that the stupid hardware firewall on my job block's the Support website due to spyware and phishing xD !!
I have the same problem with my company's firewall. Use your smartphone like Ash said, but to tether it to your PC and use that internet instead, that's what I do :D

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem with my company's firewall. Use your smartphone like Ash said, but to tether it to your PC and use that internet instead, that's what I do :D

could work but like i sed :p We run over 8 X-ray scanners where i work so the static to phone network is so great that i cant use it xD.

Ashley

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, me again. I can't log in on my regular account, Facebook log-in for the forums hasn't been working for about... 15 hours or so. Put in a support thing on that website. And I'm more aggravated because of it. From what I can tell, you only get notified of changes your post via E-mail. I had no idea that people were responding to my comments. Also, there are a lot of unanswered questions on it. I can't imagine why.
As I said, I'm aggravated. If anyone can tell me why suddenly Facebook linking doesn't work, that would be great. Since I asked on the support site, in IRC and made a new account to report about it here. I have not received any sort of an answer, and that's frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.