Forum Game - The Ban Game

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Furfurfur2001 is banned for not specifying the name of the person above him.
You thought you were getting off there.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Furfurfur2001 is banned for not understanding that even then, you should still specify the name because saying "Banned for [REASON]" is incorrect grammar. Specifying the name would make the sentence correct.
Banned for not knowing grammar like you think you do. In this sentence, there is an implied statement, as of names read from a list, and methodically processed by word of mouth.. Imagine I am a moderator on the forums and given a list of people to ban.
"Furfurfur2001."
"Banned for being furry."

Another way to look at it is in text, as this is a forum. is the following sentence incorrect?

Whizzball1: Banned for being round.

In these sentences, the subject is implied, as if pointing to the person and saying it.

If you have means to prove me wrong, then please do.

Reactions: dgdas9

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Banned for not knowing grammar like you think you do. In this sentence, there is an implied statement, as of names read from a list, and methodically processed by word of mouth.. Imagine I am a moderator on the forums and given a list of people to ban.
"Furfurfur2001."
"Banned for being furry."

Another way to look at it is in text, as this is a forum. is the following sentence incorrect?

Whizzball1: Banned for being round.

In these sentences, the subject is implied, as if pointing to the person and saying it.

If you have means to prove me wrong, then please do.

goreae is banned for not banning anyone.
I like to make sentences the least vague possible. And to do that, writing the name of the person above you completely removes any vagueness from the beginning. Even if you know who the person is banning, it's still good to write the name.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Banned for mixing up "I like" and "it is correct". I banned you last post, as I did this one. And even if that statement was on its own, the correct banning would be "goreae is banned for banning someone." not nobody.

Oh, and Anyone is banned for having a stupid name.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Banned for mixing up "I like" and "it is correct". I banned you last post, as I did this one. And even if that statement was on its own, the correct banning would be "goreae is banned for banning someone." not nobody.

Oh, and Anyone is banned for having a stupid name.
goreae is banned because my iPad wants to correct his name to Goreae.
And which statement?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Droideka30 is banned for capitalising my name when it does not show capitalisation.
I don't capitalise the sentence because goreae's name doesn't start with a capital.

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
Whizzball1 is banned because you always capitalize the first word of a sentence, even if the word isn't normally capitalized. For example, the first 'T' in "The mouse ate cheese." is capitalized, even though the word "the" isn't normally capitalized.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Whizzball1 is banned because you always capitalize the first word of a sentence, even if the word isn't normally capitalized. For example, the first 'T' in "The mouse ate cheese." is capitalized, even though the word "the" isn't normally capitalized.

Droideka30 is banned for not following the rules of the Ban Game.
And I know that. It hurts to not capitalise the names but I do it anyway.