Forge and Nova

Apparently I own this thread now...Is NOVA a good thing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
But why was he so mad? I have to play devil's advocate here and assume he had a reason and its not just because he is a tyrant.
The core reason seems to be #1 it is targeted to forge for MC1.7 rather than MC1.8 and #2 that it forces java 8 on the user, he tries very hard to only use the version that mojang forces

all the other rants from him seems to be venting about incompetents changing things they have no idea about and blowing things out of proportion.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I see, sounds like he doesnt like the idea being floated around about mods staying in 1.7 and not being a slave to the Mojang cycle of updates. Which seems to me the very best option for the end user because I know I am not the only one sick to death of having to toss out a version as soon as it becomes stable to a new bug-ridden version. Sounds to me like Lex hasnt actually played the game in a long long time and instead gets his kicks making updates. Which eventually there would be no need for if mods stay in 1.7. And then he wouldnt be so important anymore.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
It doesn't help that Forge is pretty much a one-man show, nowadays. We need to get the old crew back in on this, so they can smack some sense into this whole thing.

FlowerChild quit in November 2011, Eloraam quit Forge dev in April 2012 and Minecraft in 2013 or 2014 depending on who you ask, and SpaceToad disappears regularly. Have fun.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on who the man is. Azanor, for example. A creative person with a singular vision can easily outdo a team of "coders" who want to flex their skills.

Reactions: DrowElf and 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I see, sounds like he doesnt like the idea being floated around about mods staying in 1.7 and not being a slave to the Mojang cycle of updates. Which seems to me the very best option for the end user because I know I am not the only one sick to death of having to toss out a version as soon as it becomes stable to a new bug-ridden version. Sounds to me like Lex hasnt actually played the game in a long long time and instead gets his kicks making updates. Which eventually there would be no need for if mods stay in 1.7. And then he wouldnt be so important anymore.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: We need to unite and break away from Mojang's sloppy code and updates

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Asie, Reika, you guys and some others are the exceptions. You guys are cool. Aside from getting a bit irate at times, you're generally reasonable and approachable. The important difference is that you guys don't let it go to your heads. Humility is the foundation of the Eight Virtues for a reason.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Asie, Reika, you guys and some others are the exceptions. You guys are cool. Aside from getting a bit irate at times, you're generally reasonable and approachable. The important difference is that you guys don't let it go to your heads. Humility is the foundation of the Eight Virtues for a reason.
:D

Side note: I thought you were some random person; I did a double-take when I saw your name on the quote and then could not find the cartoon character with the evil grin. :p

I've said it before and I'll say it again: We need to unite and break away from Mojang's sloppy code and updates
I would not complain if mods stayed in 1.7...I have better things to do than update.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
For those who choose to stay- I wholly support you in this. At the end of the day its your mod; so its ultimately your choice.
Personally I'm quite excited for what you could build with a stable code base and the extra time available.
Nothing interesting has been added to vanilla since horses. :p
Nothing interesting has been added to vanilla including horses.
(the last time a vanilla update peaked my interest and didn't disappoint we got another 128 blocks of building height)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
My mods and your mods... That's at least 27 mods not moving... Also, I think COFH said they weren't planning to update in a while.
Major mods like BC, Forestry, TC, AE, and so on would need to agree, because it is they who drive the community via player interest. If only developers like me stay, we will just fall out of interest.

Reactions: Strikingwolf