Forestry - Question about Mailbox/Letters

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Phantomizer

Jul 29, 2019
So i made a mailbox....trade station...stamps.....letters, then i proceed to try and figure out how to actually go about "writing" in the aforementioned letter (right-click doesn't do anything), because of course mailing a blank letter would be rather stupid, plus the mailbox doesn't allow it. After about half an hour of trying different things, i give up and start looking online and that's when i notice that we're supposed to have other types of letter appear in the recipe list, so i'm guessing that's part of the problem...

Anyone know what's going on? or am'i simply missing something that's right in front of me and i'm not seeing it :\

BTW, i'm playing a FTB Ultimate server.

Epic_Dave

Jul 29, 2019
last i checked when you open the letter your qued to type in the person you wish to send to's name then you simply hit enter and you should be able to type into the letter. i apologise if this doesnt help, it has been awhile since i used the mail system.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
1.) Place down a mailbox. You are either prompted to enter a mailbox name or it is automatically named for you, I forget.
2.) Craft a letter with propolis and paper.
3.) Craft some stamps.
4.) Take the letter in your hotbar and rightclick it, like you would for example a beealyzer.
5.) You should now see a letter writing interface. Specify the recipient (your mailbox, probably named after you), apply stamps, and send.
6.) The letter should arrive in your mailbox. To read it, put it in your hotbar and rightclick it.

Memorian

Jul 29, 2019
In my experiance letters dont handle to well if they are stacked while you try and write them