Forestry multiblock farm automation?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

spartanboy56

Jul 29, 2019
so I am having a problem automating my multi farms and was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas. so far i have everything but the hummus input for tree farms automated. the multi farms don't work well with pnuematic tubes so then i have to use buildcraft pipes to feed it things...but as we all know, buildcraft pipes aren't the smartest pipes. so i dont feel like losing a bunch of hummus because the pipes just spill the items everywhere. is there anyway around this that anyone has figured out? any insight is much appreciated!

silenos

Jul 29, 2019
the humus input for RP2 tubes is on the north and south sides of the multiblock structure, just put a hatch there :)

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
As stated above the hatch block is what allows for incoming/outgoing product flow. If you place one on the bottom with a pipe it'll auto eject as well. Buildcraft may be dumb but if you add some gates to them with some pipe wire they tend to work rather well.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
You should know that once forestry updates to 2.0.0.4+ the farm structure will use dirt and not humus and it uses the fertilizer in the structure to automatically turn it to humus as needed.

Xakthos

Jul 29, 2019
Remember even though buildcraft pipes aren't 'smart' by themselves if you add gates and pipe wire to the route you have a lot of options.