Forestry: Infinite queens/princesses?

Johny Idler

Jul 29, 2019
There are some guys on my server that claim they found a loophole to get infinite queens. Is this even possible? I know you can make more princesses using swarmers, but those new bees have that unstable (-) trait that kill them few generations later. Is there a way to remove this trait? Or does another way to multiply queens exist?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
There's a duping bug in RP2, they might be using that?

As far as I know there is no 'normal' way in Forestry go get 'infinite' queens.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
The infinite queens that you can obtain goes like this;

Dig up a tonne of rocky hives.
Get a stack of drones from the bee you wish to have a princess of.
Repetitively breed the princess with the drones until it is a duplicate of the stats the drones have.

Repeat as necessary.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
The infinite queens that you can obtain goes like this;

Dig up a tonne of rocky hives.
Get a stack of drones from the bee you wish to have a princess of.
Repetitively breed the princess with the drones until it is a duplicate of the stats the drones have.

Repeat as necessary.

That's "a lot", not "infinite". So I was assuming he was talking about some kind of exploit. If you just want to have a lot of princesses a bunch of quarries can help you with that.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Well, if they were just using them for DNA material, swarmers would be perfectly acceptable. They're actually princesses, and the fact that they die off in a few generations doesn't matter when they're going to just get turned into liquid DNA now.

Or they may not realize swarmers don't last forever... geez, I hope they don't crossbreed those swarmers back into their main line, that would get real awkward...

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
That's "a lot", not "infinite". So I was assuming he was talking about some kind of exploit. If you just want to have a lot of princesses a bunch of quarries can help you with that.

No, it is infinite!The world of Minecraftia is, as you know, infinite(or almost infinite) and you can always use mystcraft...

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
No, it is infinite!The world of Minecraftia is, as you know, infinite(or almost infinite) and you can always use mystcraft...
I believe he means infinite in terms of a closed system of generating the princesses. Quarrying for rocky hives is essential "collection & gathering" not generating them in a system back at your base. A tree farm is infinite by this definition because the means of production are in a controlled loop and feed themselves. Gathering items from a quarry still requires going out and resetting the quarry. Yes you still end up with a lot, but the process is not in a closed system and is still manual

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I believe he means infinite in terms of a closed system of generating the princesses. Quarrying for rocky hives is essential "collection & gathering" not generating them in a system back at your base. A tree farm is infinite by this definition because the means of production are in a controlled loop and feed themselves. Gathering items from a quarry still requires going out and resetting the quarry. Yes you still end up with a lot, but the process is not in a closed system and is still manual

Exactly.

Reactions: RedBoss

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019

First, minecraft is ''only'' 60m x 60m blocks, not infinite
for infinite chunks you need infinite memory AKA not infinite.

almost infinite is not renewable.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
If a bee in a swarmer with longest lifetime and suitable number of frames will produce more royal jelly / those magic bees swarmer fuel and will swarm more than one hive on average, than you could get infinite number of working bees. I wanted to test it, but I never really got to it and I like exploring, so I don't really need more princesses.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Also, is there a way to automatically gather these swarmer hives?
Like a scoop like item that works on right click, so a turtle could work, or even something else?

Because AFAIK the only thing that will pick up hives is a quarry...

Hmm, perhaps if one had some way of putting all the hives into a desired location, and then turtle.place while a gravity gun is selected to turn it into an entity, which somehow ends up going through a portal into a large quarry pit, where the quarry is still active which then will spot the hive and mine it.

The main problem is I am unaware what the conditions are required for the swarmer give to appear.
Thus a way of auto starting this process is unknown.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Also, is there a way to automatically gather these swarmer hives?
Like a scoop like item that works on right click, so a turtle could work, or even something else?

Because AFAIK the only thing that will pick up hives is a quarry...

Hmm, perhaps if one had some way of putting all the hives into a desired location, and then turtle.place while a gravity gun is selected to turn it into an entity, which somehow ends up going through a portal into a large quarry pit, where the quarry is still active which then will spot the hive and mine it.

The main problem is I am unaware what the conditions are required for the swarmer give to appear.
Thus a way of auto starting this process is unknown.

you can pick up hives with the portalgun and then drop them in a torch.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
There are some guys on my server that claim they found a loophole to get infinite queens. Is this even possible? I know you can make more princesses using swarmers, but those new bees have that unstable (-) trait that kill them few generations later. Is there a way to remove this trait? Or does another way to multiply queens exist?
best thing to do is contact your server admin ask him to look into it & then one or both of you post the results in the bug section so it can be fixed, if its a bug or exploit.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
you can pick up hives with the portalgun and then drop them in a torch.

The main emphasis on this is automation.
Portal gun is on a "g" push which cannot r automated, which is why I specifically mentioned gravity gun, which is a right click, which turtles can do.
What's more, this requires one to know exactly where the swarmers can appear, and what conditions must be met, e,g it must be a grass block or something.
Till we know that we cannot decide on ideas.

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
Picking up swarmed hives with a portal gun deletes any custom data they had, making them not drop anything when re-placed.

The best method for automating swarmed princess production would indeed be quarries, however. Horizontally, Swarmer hives can generate about 20 blocks away from the alveary (~40 from edge to edge). Vertical range is one block below, 40 blocks up.

Create a floating alveary with all 21 possible exposed blocks converted to swarmers (the entire bottom layer, the perimeter of the middle layer, and the four corners do the top layer. Place a ~80 by ~80 warded block layer right above the alveary and put a (few) quarry(s) above that. Leave the quarries on with a small amount of juice and they'll collect any Swarmer hives that form.

Power your farm with a few alvearies producing aromatic drops and royal jelly for aromatic lumps, and swarm away.

Note that hives may form right next to the alveary or under the platform. This can be mitigated by filling the area below the warded blocks down to one level below the alveary.

Swarmer hives can only spawn next to other blocks, but I'm not sure if the game decides to spawn a hive and then checks for a place to put it, or if it finds a place to put it and then has a chance to spawn. If it's the latter, putting pillars of warded blocks in your spawning chamber to act as growth platforms will greatly increase available surface area, and in turn, productivity.

I will toss a farm together to test that.

Edit: Who knew that neither the filler nor the wand of equal trade work with warded blocks? Not me.

Swarmer hive stuff.

Edit 2: UGH! I built a prototype farm that would automatically grow swarmer hives in a quarry area that was being kept active by cobblestone generators (so that the quarry would not "finish" and turn off) and it was working perfectly! A buried alveary in a closed loop maxed out with swarmers was being fed aromatic lumps via pneumatic tubes, a transposer, a diamond chest, and an item tesseract.

Hives were being generated in the quarry pit and I thought I had just automated princess production; until I realized that swarmer hives broken by the quarry would not yield princesses! :mad:

8gv.png

l5v.png

uyd0.png

4ri.png

a7zs.png

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
You can't get infinite Princesses in FTB, not automated or manual.

Unless you are exploiting a bug/cheating.

Johny Idler

Jul 29, 2019
How I love FTB community! You post a simple question and a few days later you have this kind of overwhelming response. Thanks for all the comments. I am still not sure how they do it on our server. I don't believe they use a dupe bug and I also know you can mine a lot of Rockies and made whatever you want from them - still kinda not infinite. But it is nice to know there is no regular way to achieve this.