Forestry/ExtraBee/Thaumic Bees Breading and Production Chart

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I wrote an Excel Document for a bunch of Bee info including their name, how you obtain them, and what they produce. It took me about 3 days to complete this and I plan on adding more info like, How Often they produce the given item, what the combs produce, where the bees can breed, and a whole lot more. Working on some of the flowers, I am not completely sure about the brand new bees.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ca04tef0frr1h2g

Twitch, the man of bees

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Just to make sure that you did it right, did you use the Master Apiarists Database? (A.K.A. Flora-in-a-Box or M.A.D. [M.A.D. Pertaining to the fact that people use it when they get mad at how horrible they are at bees? I for one, am ok at bee breeding. Maybe Binnie did that for those in pain?])

Jul 29, 2019
Just to make sure that you did it right, did you use the Master Apiarists Database? (A.K.A. Flora-in-a-Box or M.A.D. [M.A.D. Pertaining to the fact that people use it when they get mad at how horrible they are at bees? I for one, am great at bees. Maybe Binnie did that for those in pain?])
I used a page on an unofficial ftb wiki, it is better than the one on the original wiki, it has all the information my document has, besides the flowers. Soon, my excel document will be expanded greatly including what I listed above. I will put the link to the page I used to get all my information. However, I did use the M.A.D. to get the flower information, otherwise it was the page.
http://ftbwiki.org/Bee_Species

Twitch, the man of bees

Jul 29, 2019
--UPDATE

I have made a few changes with the flowers so it is easier to understand for example, i changed jungle to vines/ferns, making it easier to understand and save some stress figuring out what the flowers actually mean. Biomes will not come for awhile, as I have not decided how to organize them as some bees work in 10 or more biomes they will work in. Combs and what they produce is what I am working on now.

Twitch, the man of bees

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Your spreadsheet isn't complete, for example you have only one recipe for the fiendish bee. You also forgot to mention, that the fiendish bee needs to be bred in the Nether.
The bees which are crafted in the infusion altar aren't marked as such.

This were just the first three errors I immediatly found. If you want to know more, just use the Bee Breeding Wiki or the corresponding part in the official FTB Wiki. This has every information (except the breeding chance, which will be added soon™).

Jul 29, 2019
Your spreadsheet isn't complete, for example you have only one recipe for the fiendish bee. You also forgot to mention, that the fiendish bee needs to be bred in the Nether.
The bees which are crafted in the infusion altar aren't marked as such.

This were just the first three errors I immediatly found. If you want to know more, just use the Bee Breeding Wiki or the corresponding part in the official FTB Wiki. This has every information (except the breeding chance, which will be added soon™).

It is a work in progress and is very new, I will update it more in the future so it will be changed. I will post a new comment every time I change something.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Although this isn't exactly related to breeding (now with bread!), this is the closest bee thread I found so I guess I'll ask it here anyway. Sorry for the laziness and the trouble.
How, exactly, does the speed trait work? I know that for example, a diamond-producing bee will take forever to make a comb, and its speed trait is considered as slowest. Does that mean that trait makes any bee take almost three hours to produce a single comb, or is it some kind of multiplier that is applied to the default productivity mentioned in the database?

Jul 29, 2019
I am not completely sure, but I'm pretty sure that the time it takes to make something and the worker speed are unrelated. Diamond bees create Rocky combs a lot more quicker than it does diamond combs, so I am not completely positive. You can use a splicer to get the fastest trait off of some other bee and stick it on to your diamond bee in another machine (I forget what it is called) and it should create combs faster. Bees are more ideal for multiplayer since they can take a long time to create some stuff, so i suggest to find a server, get breeding like there is no tomorrow and when you get your wanted bees, place a chunk loader nearby and leave it on for the night. Check out GenerikB on youtube if you don't mind the language. He is really helpful and mass produces uranium, diamonds, and many other things on the Mindcrack FTB server.

Twitch, the man of bees

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
The database entry for a breed shows times based on the default speed of that breed in an alveary. You can change the times per comb by changing traits. An apiary, even with three frames is slower than an alveary.

I am not completely sure, but I'm pretty sure that the time it takes to make something and the worker speed are unrelated.

The speed trait absolutely changes production. That's all it does.