Forestry Butteryfly Bug?

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
So I was heading out from my base in search of some much needed copper and I came across this.

Is this supposed to happen.

I do have a large area around my base that has been cleared out of most all trees, which I do my Tree breeding in.
Most of this cleared area is loaded with a chunk loader.

Is this just caused by the butterflies heading for the trees out of the chunk loaded area and then unloading and more being created or is there no hard limit to the amount of butterflies that can be in the game at any time?

Will they die off is the bigger question?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
unchunkload the area and move away or extra large mffs with entity killer upgrade

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it's a problem, they amalgamate on the chunk edge which you keep loaded and don't seem to die off, however, there is something you can do.

Since you didn't specify which mod pack or version this may or may not apply to you:

Edit modpackname\minecraft\config\lepidopterology.conf and you'll find 2 changeable settings in there:

# determines the global butterfly entity count above which natural spawning of butterflies ceases.
entities.spawn.limit=100
# determines the global butterfly entity count above which butterflies will stay in item form and will not take flight anymore.
entities.maximum.allowed=2000

Try lowering the numbers.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it's a problem, they amalgamate on the chunk edge which you keep loaded and don't seem to die off, however, there is something you can do.

Since you didn't specify which mod pack or version this may or may not apply to you:

Edit modpackname\minecraft\config\lepidopterology.conf and you'll find 2 changeable settings in there:

# determines the global butterfly entity count above which natural spawning of butterflies ceases.
entities.spawn.limit=100
# determines the global butterfly entity count above which butterflies will stay in item form and will not take flight anymore.
entities.maximum.allowed=2000

Try lowering the numbers.

Sorry, use unleashed minus a ton of mods, I'll give those a shot.

Was very surprised when I got outside my tree breeding area and saw that.

Thanks.