Open Forestry bees are not producing their specialty / secondary

OfficerLovejoy

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Forestry bees are not producing their specialty / secondary

Pack Version 1.5.3

What is the bug? I have been emulating the perfect temperature / humidity conditions for the bees to get them to produce their specialty but no success so far.
Have been trying out industrial apiaries, alvearies with heater upgrades and forestry apiaries in the natural habitat (e.g. nether for wither and apocalyptic bees) but nothing works.
is this intended? Have spent a lot of time, breeding those high class bees and now they are basically useless.

Mod & Version FTB Beyond 1.8.1

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? yes

Known Fix

B

Bedrockbreaker

I have this same issue too. I am in ftb beyond and my diamond bees are in a dark oak forest with a heater upgrade, which should be warm (the preferred warmness), but after several hours, no diamond fragments.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You will need a block of diamond (not diamond ore) underneath the industrial apiary to get diamond bees to produce their speciality - the same goes for Emerald bees (emerald block); for the wither bees you will need a wither skull on top of the apiary.

B

Bedrockbreaker

Oh! OK. I was confused because my bees wouldn't even work at all if they had no diamond ore near them, so I didn't consider the diamond block.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Oh! OK. I was confused because my bees wouldn't even work at all if they had no diamond ore near them, so I didn't consider the diamond block.
No worries, I don't think its at all clear anywhere what you need! I only know because I saw someone do it on a LP and it worked for them! :)