Forestry bee automation Direwolf20 1.5.2

OrangeHatKidd

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I've noticed that when bees are set up to auto breed the way direwolf20 does it any bees that don't fit into the apiary get shot out the top instead of getting bounced back down into the apiarist pipe. Is this a new feature or just a bug?

Edit: Also I forgot to add. All honeycomb gets shot out as well

Thanks for your time!

-Orangehatkidd

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 has many different bee breeding setups. Which one are you referring to?

Some other questions: Did you double-check the configuration of the Apiarist Pipes? Are there valid destinations for excess bees and combs to go?

OrangeHatKidd

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a picture of the setup. Sorry for being so vague...

2013-09-06_10.31.44.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1378489197][/DOUBLEPOST]And here's a picture of the apiarist pipe set up. My mouse is over the question mark showing that its set to "anything".
2013-09-06_10.32.41.png

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Are the Iron Transport Pipes wrenched in the right direction?
I can never remember if the filled or unfilled side is the way the items go.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
The iron pipe it pointing the wrong direction. Hit it with a wrench.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of apiarist pipes you can also use insertion pipes (assuming they're in that pack). They're a bit cheaper resourcewise and you also don't need to set them up.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of apiarist pipes you can also use insertion pipes (assuming they're in that pack). They're a bit cheaper resourcewise and you also don't need to set them up.

Then he needs an empty block between the Apiaries. Otherwise the excess bees could get transported in the wrong Apiary. Or a Pipe Plug between the Insertion Pipes.
In my opinion the best way to breed bees is with Logistics Pipes. And since you're using the Direwolf20 Pack they should be in it.

Solid fill on input, no fill on output.

Looks like the pipes are correct.

As far as I know it was changed from 1.4.7 to 1.5.2.
In my Test World the filled one is the output. And with the correct Iron Pipe configuration this setup works perfectly.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
In my Test World the filled one is the output. And with the correct Iron Pipe configuration this setup works perfectly.
This ^. The iron pipes are wrong.

Edit: and just to prove it visually, notice how the far iron pipe is clear on both horizontal connections, but solid on the upwards connection. There should only be One different texture (solid) on the output side of an iron pipe.

OrangeHatKidd

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the replies!
Then he needs an empty block between the Apiaries. Otherwise the excess bees could get transported in the wrong Apiary.

Wouldn't bees only go into the wrong apiary if I had green and blue open?

The iron pipe it pointing the wrong direction. Hit it with a wrench.

That would explain why the wiki has it backwards xD

This setup, as it is, will auto breed purebreds but you only get around 50% of the honeycombs. I can take a screen shot of a different setup I'm using that gives me every honeycomb. It still spits out bees that wont stack though[DOUBLEPOST=1378491542][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh my gosh, switching the iron pipes around worked perfectly :'D. Thanks a lot!

I have two kinds. One made with iron pipe and cactus green and one made with a block of lapis and tin. Which should I use?

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh, why would they do that? Sure, change is fine, but reversing it like that without doing something else to make it visible that it's behaving differently...

OrangeHatKidd

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. The only thing I was noticing that dire said I could do was have two sides filled in. I noticed that I couldn't do it that way. It seems that they just switched it so now clear is the new grey.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
how i heard it was it accidently happened while they were updating to 1.5 and nobody saw it as a big deal really and they just left it.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, well... that's both better and worse :p

Though I have to say it makes more sense to me to operate the way it does now, then before. Coming to it without any prior knowledge this would be the more intuitive arrangement.