Force Wrench on Spawners?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi

I want to move spawners.
On the server im on, the portal gun to lift up block and the other gun (cant remember the name) is blocked.
But we are allowed to use Force Wrench.

But when i pick up a spawner, it becomes a pig spawner

How can this be fixed?

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
What spawners are you trying to move, I distinctly remember spawners in the twighlight forest just turn into pig spawners for some reason. All the other spawners work fine with a force wrench.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
aha, that is probably it then. Tried on twilight spawners.
Will try to find in overworld then.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
See that's the thing, I don't think its all the spawners in the twighlight forest, only the modded ones for some reason (the new mobs like those monkey things that I HATE). I believe cave spider spawners and such should work possibly, I will have to test.

Yep, it's only the modded ones as far as I can tell, to get modded spawners into the overworld you are gonna need a portal gun/gravity gun I believe.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder why it only happens with the force wrench?

At least a pig spawner is an infinite supply of the best food in the game (apart from golden carrots).

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I found a solution to getting them to the overworld though it could be considered a little expensive, there is a item called a PortaSpawner and it requires a nether star but it works on any spawner I think, I just tested it on a Minotaur spawner and it worked, so it should work with others. That is probably the only way you are going to get your spawners to the overworld.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder why it only happens with the force wrench?

At least a pig spawner is an infinite supply of the best food in the game (apart from golden carrots).

It doesn't happen only with a force wrench. Back when you could move them with portal/grav gun if you carried one of those through a portal to the overworld they'd turn into pig spawners.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I have been collection 5 spawners with my portal gun (the other is called gravity gun). Its working fine :)

Its not that the portal gun doesn't work for moving spawners, it's that his server doesn't allow it.

As for portaspawners being the only way of getting the spawners to the overworld, wand of dislocation from thaumic tinkerer should also work