For those who care

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, so I am coming at you with some information that most of you won't even care about, so unless you play any of the packs I have made, or play with JordsUtils (the mod I have been working on), then feel free to leave now.

So I have been struggling to find the motivation to work on anything I have been doing for the community to use recently, and this is really starting to bother me, as I feel like I am not pleasing people (which is why I made the packs) by not keeping them up to date. But I also feel that due to my time constraints, I shouldn't spend all my time working on something that I don't use/don't have the time to use. For example, I came home from work yesterday to spend 3 hours finishing off the update for 0.9 of JordsUtils, only to play with it on Industrial Revolution (which I spent 30 minutes working on that day) for around 10 minutes before I decided to call it a night.

And I know this probably sounds selfish, but I actually want to be able to play stuff without doing stuff. I think the total amount of time I have spent working on Let it End totals at least 100 hours, and I haven't even had the chance to play it for more than maybe 5 hours. And it's this which bothers me, I want to be able to enjoy Minecraft again, but I find myself becoming more and more bored of it, the more I actually do to change it (making mods/packs).

But this lack of motivation isn't just Minecraft related, so it isn't like I could go to another gaming community and do the same (create new content for other players) so I won't be leaving here. But I will be taking more of a passenger approach for a while. I will still be helping out the FTB team as and when they need me and the same goes for the Phoenix Team, but I won't be pursuing any personal projects any further, just because it isn't really helping my mental well being at all... which is funny really as I started doing all this stuff as a way to distract myself (more about this can be read on the Let it End forum post).

So what will be getting affected:
  • Let it End - I will do one more update on this, to fix all the bugs that I know of. There may be more in the future, if I play through the pack and find anything else.
  • Industrial Revolution - I may do one more update. But that would be where it ends, as I don't intend to do anything else with it. The concept of this pack sounded fun, but I don't find it interesting enough to play.
  • After End - I haven't had the motivation to work on this for a while. I am a terrible builder, and a lot of this packs questing was based around me building places... So no updates will come from this.
  • JordsUtils - I may do one more update for this, just to fix the naming issues. But I don't really see a point, as it's not like many people use it.
  • Server - I don't have a name for my server, but it will be affected, I don't know what's going to happen with it, whether I leave it running Industrial Revolution, or swap it to an official FTB pack, or something from the Phoenix Team, who knows. But whatever happens with it, I probably won't be spending any more time than I already do making sure it works (i check maybe once a week :/)
However, me discontinuing these doesn't mean I won't still be around to help where i can, whether that be in forum threads, pms, or however else you like to contact me.

So that's about it. If something wasn't clear, or you would like to continue any of these projects, then feel free to leave me a message :)

TL;DR:
Jordan is a douchebag who is not going to work on anything anymore and they don't deserve your respect.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Not really, it's how I view my actions pretty accurately. I feel very bad for leaving stuff unfinished.

You're offering an explanation and leaving open the possibility of returning and doing some work on those projects. I'd say that's pretty reasonable and rather nice of you, seeing how you don't exactly enjoy doing that anymore. A lot of people would just leave their projects to die with no explanation.

Synaxin

Jul 29, 2019
I can understand where you're coming from, and why you're doing what you're doing. I can only imagine that coding, or compiling an update instead of actually playing can be really boring, and get really old fast. I think you should just do what you want to do, and not force yourself to do something you don't.

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Updating a pack is not the most amazing thing, especially if you're making an HQM pack ... Creating one is the real motivating thing. I know exactly how it feels like .

I always wanted to create something, whatever it could be, and I never had the energy or the motivation to start it. I could create a mountain with all the small ideas that came to my mind and never really started ...
With the time, I learned ...Well, I think I learned that I should just let these things where they are, just not letting them in the wrong place .
Motivation ... this feel can be the best thing in your life, but can also disappear in a flash.

We should all learn , especially me, that life is too short to bother about dead projects.Your life is your real project. If you continue to create new things, if you continue to do whatever makes you happy, you'll never get bored. You need to wait about 2 hours just to see your doctor telling you to take a tablet or two ? Just imagine. Imagine what you want. Imagination is the core of motivation, not the opposite.

Primal Demon

Jul 29, 2019
You're offering an explanation and leaving open the possibility of returning and doing some work on those projects. I'd say that's pretty reasonable and rather nice of you, seeing how you don't exactly enjoy doing that anymore. A lot of people would just leave their projects to die with no explanation.

I 100% agree just going dark with no explanation is very annoying.
But you have done the exact opposite which is always good.

Reactions: jordsta95

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Tl; dr you're trying to do too much at one time. Trying focusing on one project at a time.
I agree with this 100% you seem burned out & I could see that coming, btw never feel bad for taking a step back we all do it, & I along with many others have noticed the huge amount of time & effort you have devoted to your packs/forums/helping others, so for me your self insults are with out merit if anything you have been & still are a much valued member of the community.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with this 100% you seem burned out & I could see that coming, btw never feel bad for taking a step back we all do it, & I along with many others have noticed the huge amount of time & effort you have devoted to your packs/forums/helping others, so for me your self insults are with out merit if anything you have been & still are a much valued member of the community.
Such kinds words :3
Since posting this (thread) I managed to start a fresh with a new pack, Ingenuity, which I like more as a pack than everything else because it is basically just a kitchen sink, but avoids all the things that bored me about modded mc; RF-oriented, minetweaker all the things, knowing all the mods, etc.
Heck, I actually spent a while playing this pack, not just making it :)

And the biggest spoiler ever. Something even bigger, better, and (hopefully some will agree) needed will be coming as a result of my efforts, combined with that of some other amazing people :D

Reactions: Padfoote

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Such kinds words :3
Since posting this (thread) I managed to start a fresh with a new pack, Ingenuity, which I like more as a pack than everything else because it is basically just a kitchen sink, but avoids all the things that bored me about modded mc; RF-oriented, minetweaker all the things, knowing all the mods, etc.
Heck, I actually spent a while playing this pack, not just making it :)

And the biggest spoiler ever. Something even bigger, better, and (hopefully some will agree) needed will be coming as a result of my efforts, combined with that of some other amazing people :D
Awaits with baited breath...