Flux Making Base Nearly Uninhabitable

Frosthawk87

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having a HUGE issue with flux lately. I have a node about 30 blocks beyond the walls of my base that is at the Dangeous level of flux. It's producing wisps like mad (though thankfully they're not flooding my base) and my work with my bees has been halted because I can't even stay outside long enough to do anything without getting struck by lightning.

I've use a Mystical Construct (Cystal Core + 4 2-high obsidian totem towers) to move the node to a more manageable spot, closer to a silverwood tree I planted within the walls, but it's not helping in the slightest.

Does anyone have any suggestions for ridding an underground node of flux? I've worked long to make my base what it is now, and would hate to have to abandon it because of this problematic node.

Also, I'll be posting a YouTube video this evening about it so people can get a better idea of what I'm going through. I'll link it once I get home from work.

dc0110

Jul 29, 2019
would you be able to plant more silverwood trees close to your existing one, to make the "good" node stronger?

foshka

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if the node is not a bad one, time will let it burn off the flux. Otherwise you will need to merge it with a pure node that is bigger, or move it much further away. Silverwood trees do little by themselves except when they grow they make a small pure node inside themselves. It sounds like the one you planted got sucked in by the corrupt node.

It is a big project, building up a pure node by bringing in surrounding nodes to merge, then moving it close to the corrupt one.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
If you indeed have a dark node it's probably easier to just move that away to a spot where it doesn't bother you. On our server we moved one all the way to bedrock.

Frosthawk87

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a dark node, just a regular one that has gained a lot of flux somehow. I've been messing around in the config file hoping that would regenerate all aura nodes on the server to the state they were at when the world was generated, but having no luck doing such. Anyone know how to possibly achieve that on an SMP server?

zwahlm14

Jul 29, 2019
i sugest either moveing it deep underground and abandon it for a while and let it burn off some of that flux or just let the server run overnight for a while with you loged in your base in a small room until it fixes itself and if you do that i also sugest you make some macheines that will run all the time so you will benefit from being logged in like a few quarrys or maby set up some aviarys that automatically manage themself like genericb and etho have.

valhar2000

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot help but wonder: couldn't you farm that node?

In a video I watched a while back, the player built a relatively large room around a high-flux nod to contain the wisps that are generated, and he walked in every now and then to fight the wisps and collect their drops. What if you did the same thing with your node, but also installed a Tesla Coil or two inside the room? The coils would kill the wisps, thus solving your lightning problem and producing a few goodies for you to collect, wouldn't they?

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Just build a box around the node.
Yes it will look ugly but eventually you can build some kind of structure around it.

Frosthawk87

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to farm the node or build a box around it. I want to get rid of it. Like I said, I'm getting struck by lightning every couple of minutes. Building a box around it isn't going to stop that.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
When wisps spawn (or maybe when they die?) they take some of the flux out of your aura. The fastest way I know to get flux down is to kill wisps for a while. Once your flux is lower, you won't have the lightning strikes.