Mac (FIXED) Memory Leak -> Crash. (Mindcrack 8.0.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsTimaiFool

Jul 29, 2019
NOTE: I fixed this, thanks to Velotican! He redirected me to this thread, in which I found the fix. Just go into options- advanced options in the FTB launcher, and add this to the 'Advanced Java Parameters' box:
Code:
-XX:PermSize=128m
I have no idea what that does, but it fixes it.

===Everything below this is irrelevant, but I like to keep threads with problems that have been fixed, so if anyone else with the same problem finds this, they can fix it. ===
Launcher: 1.2.2
Java version: (Typed java -version into terminal and got this) java version "1.6.0_37"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_37-b06-434-11M3909)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.12-b01-434, mixed mode)
Pack: Mindcrack 8.0.1, plus Optifine
System: Macbook Pro, 2.26 Gz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB.
Note: I have the FTB launcher set to give all 4 GB of ram to minecraft. I tried it with just 2 and then 3 GB and got the same results. I don't have any programs running in the background; just minecraft.

This started after I downloaded the new Mindcrack pack (8.0.1). I can play for a few minutes, just fine. Then I start getting lag spikes every 30-60 seconds. They get worse and worse, up to the point of my game freezing for 5 seconds. Then, my game just crashes. It goes to the dirt background screen with the message "Shutting down internal server..." I have checked the cash log, and there is nothing in the way of an error message. Just a few of those "Can't keep up!" messages, then i stops. If you don't believe me, here is the log:
NO WAIT... I just double-checked the log and noticed an OutOfMemoryException at the end that I hadn't seen before. I presume this to be some sort of memory leak, because I've never had this problem before version 8.0.1, and I don't have too terrible of a system.

MinecraftLog.txt: http://pastebin.com/UUs5cPxQ

P.S. I've tried everything to stop this except unistalling mods, so I assume it's a problem with a mod. Is there any way I can determine which mod it is without selectively unistalling one mod at a time and testing it?

In Summary:
TL;DR: OutOfMemoryException that I've never had before 8.0.1. I suspect it's a memory leak.

Bluman124

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly the same for me except that it's way quicker (I can play 2 minutes and then lag spikes and crash)

ItsTimaiFool

Jul 29, 2019
This is getting silly, we should probably have a sticky for this.

tl;dr: Macs hate Java 7, you need to brainwash your Mac into liking Java 7. The voodoo commands required for the brainwashing are here.

Ah. Thank you very much for showing me this thread! Sorry I didn't find it before. I searched and it came up with nothing. I think there should be a sticky for common, easily-fixed bugs like this so people like me don't make themselves look stupid. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.