Fix for the "No Mods"/"Not Downloading" issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelerstl

Jul 29, 2019
1) You'll need Mozilla Firefox.
2) Once you have it, get the Downthemall extension. (Using this extension will automatically download the file in 4 parts so the connection will not stop at ~70% like it has been via launcher)
3) Install it.
4) Go to this download link. (Takes you to the CreeperHost download page)
5) Wait 5 seconds as usual, then download it. When the download window comes up, use downloadthemall, and at the bottom change Checksum(hash) to MD5, and paste 2ef9d92c5748814077b02b9fe827a369 into the box.
6) Let it download.
7) Open the folder, you'll see .minecraft and instMods.
8) Go into the .minecraft folder, and drag and drop those into your FTBBETAA minecraft folder. (In your FTB Launcher installation directory)
9) Drag and drop .minecraft and instMods into the root of the FTBBETAA folder. (In your FTB Launcher installation directory)

Video Tutorial [NOW IN HD]

Happy mining!

Reactions: RenegadeHearts

WeeHeeHee

Jul 29, 2019
Finally, someone with a real answer! I'm testing it right now.

Is step 9 a duplicate?
Oh can you explain what the Md5/hashtag thing is?

Edit: Ok I tested it, in the zip I only found Instmods.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Step 9 isn't a duplicate, but the .minecraft part shouldn't be in step 9.
Also, how big is the zip file and how big is the instMods folder once you move it out of the zipfile?
Did you make sure to do the MD5 part?
The Md5/hashtag thing is a way of checking if the file was downloaded properly.

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be simpler for EVERYONE to just upload a copy of a working up-to-date FTBBETAA folder and post a download link?
All that's left to do for everyone is download, then extract, copy + paste.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be simpler for EVERYONE to just upload a copy of a working up-to-date FTBBETAA folder and post a download link?
The FTB team does not want people distributing their download. A. they can't ensure it's a safe download. B. they can't ensure it's the correct download
Or they could just fix the one the launcher looks for...
It seems to only be a problem for people with slow internet connections. 4

Protip: Grab yourself a flash drive and backup your launcher before updating.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
What is this bit for?
And why is the zip file so much bigger than these?
FTBBetaA ZIP file (30.61 MiB)
FTB Launcher JAR file (0.38 MiB)
FTB Launcher EXE file (0.41 MiB)
The long string is a checksum. It's a value that gets calculated based on the content of the file.
So by checking the downloaded file to the already known checksum can you verify if the file is intact or corrupted.
And the zip file is so big because it's the one that actually contain the mods, the jar and exe file only contain the launcher part.

http://repo.creeperhost.net/direct/FTB2/6b0342f3d7703bff2ead109ef9f46f47/FTBBetaA.zip
That's what you'r asking for right there, a working up to date file kontaining the FTBBETAA modpack.
The problem is that it generates incredible amounts of trafic, making hosts hard to find.
And the only the FTB crew have the rights to distribute the pack.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
The long string is a checksum. It's a value that gets calculated based on the content of the file.
So by checking the downloaded file to the already known checksum can you verify if the file is intact or corrupted.
Why change the checksum? Checksum goes with file, to check that file. I don't understand why it's getting changed. Because, from my understanding, that defeats the purpose of checksum entirely.
Or am I misunderstanding how it works?

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Why change the checksum? Checksum goes with file, to check that file. I don't understand why it's getting changed. Because, from my understanding, that defeats the purpose of checksum entirely.
Or am I misunderstanding how it works?
Im far from sure on this, but i believe normal FTP downloading only uses checksum pr package and not on the file as a whole.
So while it checks that every package are unncorrupted doesn't it check for missing packages and such.
Which is why people thought they had downloaded the zip file but still weren't able to open it.
And the checksum isn't contained in the file, it needs to be sent before or after the file, which normal FTB transfer don't bother with as far as i know.
But don't trust me on this, im out on very thin ice here.

zepanv

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried to download it about 4 times now with no success, it stops before it completes and says it's done. I was able to download it on my server, and then download it from there myself fine. There seems to be some network routing / packetloss issues.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
It seems so, i've seen them tweet about troubble with their american servers and issues with the ones that host their american servers.
I also think i've seen them write about replacement parts. So i guess something have gone horribly wrong over there.

steelerstl

Jul 29, 2019
the downthemall extension automatically downloads the file in4 parts instead of 1 big one, which fixes the packet loss bug. It worked perfectly fine for me, Ill try to do a video tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.