First thing

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
with Linux I have access to playing cards as writable things :p
(the forum says otherwise though:( )

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
using mate I can access them by going into the menu (you know that thing that is comparable to the start menu of windows but then better organized) hulpmiddelen->tekens en symbolen and then you just need to search for cards
(according to google translate hulpmiddelen translates to this
and tekens en symbolen to this)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I know that some programs (MS Word, LibreOffice Writer, etc.) have those sorts of menus (typically labeled Insert Symbol in English), but I've never encoutered that functionality natively in a OS... huh.

On OSX, you can hold the alt key and press other keys to get things like this: ˜∆¨¥ƒ∂ß´£¢∞†©∫∆ˆ¨˙∆˚øπ˚∆˙©†®´∂烮´∑圙£´
And if you hold alt and shift, you can get these: ˜ı◊Ïδ‰ˇ˝Ó¨Á‰´„‹›‰Ï˝ÓÁ¨°ØˆØ

Also, if you press one of the alt-key combinations for a diacritical mark, it'll be highlighted in yellow, then if you type a letter the diacritical can go under, it'll put it there for you. É, for instance, is alt-e followed by shift-e.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
need some music notes? because here are some music notes

(assuming they are valid for the forum)
I wouldn't be surprised if I can access them in another way as well, but I have no idea how

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Screen Shot 2015-09-18 at 1.17.56 AM.png

Nope, didn't work.

(yes, my first reaction was to take a screenshot)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
even skype does the cards correctly >_< and I wouldn't be surprised if the music notes would also work
(not that filthy windows users can see them)