First Death in Ages

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
Since builing a nice house and a separate factory, renewable power - tree farm, charcoal boiler, turbine, mass fab, biofuel plant, cow farm, sheep farm, ender ender and a few other things... I went exploring to find 1 Iridium and died in lava in a dungeon.

Bit annoyed that I have to make another set of nano armor, and a full set of tinkers tools, I lost a decent sword, manyullyn pick, shovel, cobalt hammer and excavator...

*sigh*

Still, maybe I can make better ones this time[DOUBLEPOST=1410582075][/DOUBLEPOST]At least I drained all my XP into a tank :)

Reactions: TheMechEngineer

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Dying is pretty normal in modded Minecraft, it's when it happens in vanilla that you know you've lost your mojo lol
Lava is one I die from a lot because when you touch it you're a dead man unless you find water quick or have healing potions.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Dying in lava is a bit odd in modded MC... I go swimming in the stuff;)

Plummeting to your death cos MPS ran out of juice, yeah that's what gets me...
Or picking up a stack of enriched uranium without a hazmat suit, 28min radiation poisoning anyone?

Reactions: Wagon153

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Dying is pretty normal in modded Minecraft, it's when it happens in vanilla that you know you've lost your mojo lol
Lava is one I die from a lot because when you touch it you're a dead man unless you find water quick or have healing potions.
Not really. Touching it, the burn effect cannot kill someone with no armor at full heslth.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Or picking up a stack of enriched uranium without a hazmat suit, 28min radiation poisoning anyone?
There are plenty of means to cleanse such effects, e.g. the talisman from Thaumic Tinkerer, AM2 spells, white crystal pendant, ...

Edit: Does milk work on this?

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Or you can go old school and just carry a bucket of water with you..
Obvious statement is obvious....

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Since builing a nice house and a separate factory, renewable power - tree farm, charcoal boiler, turbine, mass fab, biofuel plant, cow farm, sheep farm, ender ender and a few other things... I went exploring to find 1 Iridium and died in lava in a dungeon.

Bit annoyed that I have to make another set of nano armor, and a full set of tinkers tools, I lost a decent sword, manyullyn pick, shovel, cobalt hammer and excavator...

*sigh*

Still, maybe I can make better ones this time[DOUBLEPOST=1410582075][/DOUBLEPOST]At least I drained all my XP into a tank :)
Tinker tools don't burn in lava or despawn, if you get a fire potion and go back they should be there.

Reactions: motorhue

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
There are plenty of means to cleanse such effects, e.g. the talisman from Thaumic Tinkerer, AM2 spells, white crystal pendant, ...

Edit: Does milk work on this?

I realise that but radiation kills you FAST, and I mean really fast, as in a heart of damage every poison tick

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I love about the Tinker's tools is naming them. Makes them feel like some epic legendary from a fantasy fiction.

So far i've had Peritus (a broadsword), Clanfell (hammer), Shanidar (rapier), Bluestreak ^^ (cobalt pick), and Titanseed (new improved hammer)

Oh and a shovel called Spady...

:)

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Most of my deaths are either random creepers falling from above, zombie mobbings in the early game, or backstabbing glitches.

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
Where are these Red creepers with the 1sec fuse? I saw them on forgecraft which i think was using Monster, but I ain't seen one. That's maybe a good thing though...

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Most of my deaths in regular worldwhere getting sucked into jet engines...

I feel your pain, this eats all the items too :3 (including the tinkers)

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
Hahar I never die in lava ..... Somehow but I always die to mobs or my explosives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway... well on my way to Quantum armor. Think i've replicated 8 or 9 iridium so far, so just gotta grind that for a while and then i'll be swimming through the lava too :)

Think I might build another mass fab to speed things up a bit though...

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Dying in lava is a bit odd in modded MC... I go swimming in the stuff;)

Plummeting to your death cos MPS ran out of juice, yeah that's what gets me...
Forgetting your hang glider when you jump off your sky base.