Firefox doesn't work on 'this' forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
Apparantly, I hit login with firefox, enter my credentials, check the "keep me logged in" and then re hit login. and it says logged in successfully; And then I'm logged out.

This happens only with Firefox, IE works(Wtf, it's the end of the world?!)
Sooo yeah, Why no work? :(

oh, by the way, I like your hat.

D

Deleted member 188

Firefox wasn't enjoying registering to the forum either, just kind of an FYI. Clearing cookies does seem to allow for a log in, made an account on Chrome so I don't know if it's the same issue. Keeps throwing up invalid registration code errors.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Last night we had an issue that in order to resolve it needed us to make some changes that forces people to clear the cookies they had for this page in order to log in again. Hopefully this has been resolved now, if there are still problems, can you let us know please though.

Tom V

Jul 29, 2019
Cookie settings are a pain in the ass for more forums.

Normally they are set correct by the install, but yea ... For it to work correctly it has to be ".feed-the-beast.com" and not "www.feed-the-beast.com".
And apparently someone screwed it up :D

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, This is working perfectly now ^_^ I read the whole Iburn thingy, I, however, did not know I had to manually delete the cookies. But now everything is good!

To firefox haters
I got new cookies now, yours are old and rotten.

Tom V

Jul 29, 2019
And if they wish then can screw the forum more with the upcoming 3.0.11 release of phpBB :)

Canotsa

Jul 29, 2019
diddo97 said:
Chrome doesn't work either. Deleting cookies doesn't help at all.

Make sure to delete all your cookies. There's a dropbox that displays how old the cookies you delete should be. (Chrome)
And after you've done that close and open your browser again. ;)

diddo97

Jul 29, 2019
Canotsa said:
diddo97 said:

Make sure to delete all your cookies. There's a dropbox that displays how old the cookies you delete should be. (Chrome)

I tried deleting the cookies and it made absolutely no difference.

Canotsa

Jul 29, 2019
diddo97 said:
Canotsa said:
diddo97 said:

I tried deleting the cookies and it made absolutely no difference.

Did you delete ALL your cookies? Remeber there's a dropbox. I made the same mistake, I had to make Slow help me ;P

IBurn36360

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking into why the cookie isn't persisting properly. As far as I could tell from the issues I had, its not refreshing correctly or it is being reset due to a routing issue.

As for PHPbb, I have been following the development of the patch and should be putting froward my own change to the system for the future.

-Anthony "IBurn36360" Diaz

DaveSW

Jul 29, 2019
I keep having issues when I try to use Firefox. I had to login 3 times to post this message.

IBurn36360

Jul 29, 2019
This is an issue that seems to have popped up with one of the recent updates to Firefox as a whole. My Chrome, IE, Opera, Safari, Firefox and mobile (Android basic and Firefox) browsers all work here, nothing that my FF is a little outdated due to a limitation with Windows XP.

-IBurn36360

IBurn36360

Jul 29, 2019
I looked through the full changelog, and there is no reason for me to update the board. Almost all of the changes that were made are changes I have either made or sidestepped as a whole already in the next site update. Rest assured that the next time I break things, it is for a whole site overhaul =). On that note, I will be announcing some downtime when the site may go completely unresponsive while I push said update. I expect the entire process to take no more than half an hour depending on server response time. Ill try to get a better estimate once I package the update to be deployed.

-IBurn36360

Status
Not open for further replies.