Fire Extinguisher?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything else that could work in the Nether though?
I believe there are a variety of mod-added liquids that could substitute for the water. For that matter, lava will put out fires albeit at the risk of lighting anything wooden on fire.

Reactions: Omegatron

Spyke

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've never seen things lit on fire because of lava in the nether (apart from myself).

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
well, there's an Item which can do that from Reliquary, I think it's an eye of salamander.

Puts out fires nearby you when you have it on your hotbar

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
I believe oil used to do that, but don't try it nowadays, it'll simply become a flaming inferno (They changed Lava), try Gelid Cryotheum?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
well, there's an Item which can do that from Reliquary, I think it's an eye of salamander.

Puts out fires nearby you when you have it on your hotbar
Yes as far as I remember it will put out fires within 5 blocks of the player. Never actually tested if it works in the nether though, but don't see why it shouldn't. However I don't think there is any way of using it without the player holding it.

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
o_O Was not aware that happened, or that the watering can would affects mobs at all in the first place.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
o_O Was not aware that happened, or that the watering can would affects mobs at all in the first place.

I noticed it happening when an enderman walked over a patch of grass where I was using an autonomous activator with a watering can and the enderman started taking damage

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I noticed it happening when an enderman walked over a patch of grass where I was using an autonomous activator with a watering can and the enderman started taking damage
It is probably simulating the same effect as rain which also hurt endermen. Wonder if this could be used for a Blaze farm? :p