Find emeralds

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
In what bioms can i find emeralds?

I´ve read they can only be found in biomes called hills or mountain.
But i live in a biome called extreme mountain

Can i find one there?

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I know they exist in Extreme Hills and probably in Extreme Hills Edge as well, not sure about other biomes (in BoP for instance).

They should appear at gold level and lower, or so. They're quite rare, maybe around diamond rarity or something (my guesstimate).

BuzzSa

Jul 29, 2019
yup that is correct i live in a Extreme Hills for that reason, They are rare but once you have fortune 3. you can get quite a few in short time frame.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
you will also find them in twilight forrest in medium hollow hills.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Or trade with villagers for them. I find they're more rare than diamonds because they're singular, instead of in clusters.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
MFR laser drill tends to dig up quite a bunch. And you get the ores instead of individual gems.

Reactions: Riuga

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Or trade with villagers for them. I find they're more rare than diamonds because they're singular, instead of in clusters
Melt them down, and extract the liquid emerald from their blood stream, until they're dry. Make sure to take their meat and make food with it, so that you can get the most out of every villager.

You don't always have to trade to get what you want, you know.

Dumping villagers in a smeltery gets you liquid emerald, if you didn't know.

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
I have been finding emeralds in my birch forest BoP biome

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Dumping villagers in a smeltery gets you liquid emerald, if you didn't know.
Yes, but you can't actually do anything with said liquid emerald. mDiyo either plans, or already has taken that feature out. Unfortunately in some modpacks (including my own) the feature is there, but doesn't work. So when you live in a Village or near a village and have a 1 high smeltery, it can become quite an issue.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but you can't actually do anything with said liquid emerald. mDiyo either plans, or already has taken that feature out. Unfortunately in some modpacks (including my own) the feature is there, but doesn't work. So when you live in a Village or near a village and have a 1 high smeltery, it can become quite an issue.
Can you make a emerald block with a casting basin?

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019

This made me chuckle...just thinking of some random guys walking around town, falling into a large smeltery...and well...EMERALDS!!!!

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Bees don't need extreme biomes to find their emeralds! lol nah I went the bee way since my quarries always turned up too little for my mystcraft searches.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
This made me chuckle...just thinking of some random guys walking around town, falling into a large smeltery...and well...EMERALDS!!!!
While hilarious to watch while in your house, it is very annoying as you have to break the controller to get rid of the emeralds.