Filter Spoiler Bags HELP !!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Go0dlife

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys
I'm playing on a FTB Unleashed Server and i made a Zombie Farm which sends Spoiler bags to my ME System , then they automaticly go into my Crafty Turtle which should unpack them , it works but i have to output the Stuff which is coming out from the Spoils Bag out of this Crafty Turtle . So i used a Wooden Pipe with Engines which go into a Chest . But now the Problem is , when i start it and the Spoiler Bags get into the Crafty Turtle , it gets outputted into the Chest because its faster then the outpacking Crafty Turtle , so the Spoiler Bags are in the Chest , how can i filter it , that they dont get outputted ?

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Why not let the turtle dump the contents of its inventory into a chest or into an interface on its own?

Go0dlife

Jul 29, 2019
how you mean this? then i need again these pipes and engines and then it pumps out the bags again

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
The turtle can drop items from its inventory into chests. Place it above a chest and use turtle.dropDown() to drop the item in the selected item (in the turtle ui) into the chest below.

megamit

Jul 29, 2019
use an emerald transport pipe instead of a wooden one. An emerald pipe has an interface that lets you exclude certain items. You could also reprogram the turtle to just drop the stuff into a chest by itself like Platinawolf suggested

Go0dlife

Jul 29, 2019
Yes but when i use turtle.dropDown() it drops down all items and that means that the spoils bag goes down too

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yes but when i use turtle.dropDown() it drops down all items and that means that the spoils bag goes down too

try to code the program like this, you have 2 chests around your crafty turtle, one chest is input, with spoil bags and the other chest is output. the crafty turtle grabs 1 spoil bag from the input chest, then the turtle opens the spoil bag, and places the items into the output chest. the turtle will only output when it has opened the spoils bag, and will grab a new spoil bag as soon as it's inventory is empty again

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance we could see the code your using at the moment?[DOUBLEPOST=1381055447][/DOUBLEPOST]But something like this should work:

while true do
f = turtle.suckUp()
if f then -- if there's bags, open one and drop it down.
openBagsFunction()
dropStuffUpFunction()
end
if !f then --If there's no bags to suck from the chest above then sleep for 10 secs
sleep(10)
end
sleep(0.1)
end

That code won't work but gives you an idea of the logic you will need to follow. It assumes an interface above the turtle exporting spoils bags.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Pipe the bags into any turtle(even a basic one). Have the turtle facing a chest with the following startup code:

Code:
while true do
  turtle.select(1)
  if turtle.getItemCount(1) > 0 then
  turtle.place()
  else
  sleep(1)
end
end

Reactions: Platinawolf

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
No. Spoil bags when right clicked onto a chest empty their contents into said chest. A turtle doing turtle.place() simulates this when the turtle is facing a chest. You must then pump the contents of the bags out of the chest.

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
If I read Hoff's post correctly, you don't need to output slot 2-16, instead you just need to use the script he wrote for you. Place a Me basic export buss pointed at the turtle exporting the spoils bags (might need a fuzzy export buss, never dealt with the spoils bags) with a normal chest in front of the turtle. Fill slots 2-16 with cobble-stone or the like and start the program. Then you should get the stuff in the spoils bags dumped into the chest. Then you just need to point an import buss (Fussy or Precision set to stack is probably the best?) towards the chest.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
If I read Hoff's post correctly, you don't need to output slot 2-16, instead you just need to use the script he wrote for you. Place a Me basic export buss pointed at the turtle exporting the spoils bags (might need a fuzzy export buss, never dealt with the spoils bags) with a normal chest in front of the turtle. Fill slots 2-16 with cobble-stone or the like and start the program. Then you should get the stuff in the spoils bags dumped into the chest. Then you just need to point an import buss (Fussy or Precision set to stack is probably the best?) towards the chest.
This is correct and it does work. I tested to make sure.

E: After going through this myself it seems they cannot be opened unless a player has handled them first.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
E: After going through this myself it seems they cannot be opened unless a player has handled them first.
This is the most important thing! What the OP wants to do doesn't work.

Spoils bags don't initialize their content until a player handles the bag. Automating bag emptying is impossible without a player somewhere in the chain between mob drop and bag opening. iirc from previous threads about this