Filling Tier 8 Energy Core in Survival

Ville Saari

Jul 29, 2019
I think I may actually do it:
energycore.jpeg

This is in FTB Revelation.

Ville Saari

Jul 29, 2019
My base is at a time just a hole in a hill with lot of random junk inside but someone might be interested in how to produce over 400 billion RF per tick.

I did it by using the most unbalanced and overpowered mod in the pack: Career Bees:

48.jpeg

A Career Bees Energy Bee with Robotic Speed gene in an Alveary with 10 Resilient Frames, one Healing Frame, one Metabolic frame and one Eternal Frame produces 2,123,366,400 RF/t. And I have 48 Alvearies in there. The frames are pulled out when they have one point of durability left, repaired by a bunch of Actually Additions item repairers and returned to service so that I don't need to constantly produce new frames.

I was worried that this many Alvearies and the infrastructure to recycle the frames would kill my frame rate, so I built it far away from my base in a different dimension:

1.jpeg

And when I had finished it, I used RFTools Builder to copy it to three other locations:

4.jpeg

I also have two Energy Bees in Alvearies in my base, so I have 48 x 4 + 2 = 194 Energy Bees that produce 2.12 billion RF/t each for 411.933 billion RF/t total. It takes less than two weeks of real time to fill tier 8 Energy Core with that rate.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I've always wanted to do this but have never even come close. I never stay in a world long enough to do it. I shall live vicariously through you, hero.

400 Billion RF/t, that's just crazy!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Done!

It was a bit of an anticlimax. I somehow expected the modder to punish anyone fool enough to fill it up with a base-leveling explosion or something ;)

Now what to do with this ridiculous amount of energy?

Well done indeed! :)

I suppose the next question is...

...how fast can you empty it? :D

Reactions: triggerfinger12

Ville Saari

Jul 29, 2019
Well done indeed! :)

I suppose the next question is...

...how fast can you empty it? :D

There is a hard limit in how many Energy Pylons can fit in range of the core. I can insert practically unlimited RF/tick through a single pylon but it doesn't work the other way. Pylons can send and receive 2^31-1 RF per packet from each side but this works like the old IndustrialCraft wire mechanics: packet size is limited but many packets can be sent in the same tick.

My energy is produced in 194 Alvearies each producing about 2.12 billion RF/tick. Two Alvearies share a single Flux Plug, so the Energy is sent to the core by 97 Flux Plugs that each send about 4.25 billion RF/tick. I need two Flux Points at the Pylon to inject it. First one injects 2^31-1 RF and the second one injects the rest of the 4.25 billion and this happens 97 times every tick so the Core receives 411.933.081.600 RF/t split into 97 packets of 2^31-1 RF or less.

But the only way to make the core send a lot of packets in the same tick is to build a lot of Energy Pylons.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I thought that might be the case! The comment was partly in jest ;) But yeah - you may never empty that now!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Never say never - I turned off the production by removing the chunk loaders and at my current RF consumption the core will be empty in about 800 000 years :D

Now when I have practically unlimited power available, the mod pack I play doesn't include RFTools Dimensions :(
Oh no! Could you add it into the pack maybe?

Ville Saari

Jul 29, 2019
Oh no! Could you add it into the pack maybe?
I could, but I don't want to add too many extra mods as I have to then add them again every time the mod pack updates. FTB updates wipe every mod that is not part of the pack :(

I already have two extra mods: ComputerCraft and ChickenChunks and keeping them there is a pain in the a...

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I could, but I don't want to add too many extra mods as I have to then add them again every time the mod pack updates. FTB updates wipe every mod that is not part of the pack :(

I already have two extra mods: ComputerCraft and ChickenChunks and keeping them there is a pain in the a...
Oh man, that IS a pain! :( Fair enough!